Alex Tuch, a key piece in the Eichel trade

LGR4GM

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2021 at 11:20 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

When I read the column the first thing that came to mind was that the hiring of Don Granato to steward the influx of young players is the key to success. If a standard coaching hire was made from the carousel of NHL coaching retreads, the rebuild primarily based on the development of young players would fail. It just seems to me that from the top of the organization, to the coaching staff, to the young players and mentoring veterans everyone is in sync. There is a coherency to the plan that is being followed. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kr632 said:

I don't have any stats to back this up but it seems like every time Tuch is on the ice our scoring chances go up by a lot. The guy is constantly by the net. 

First live game I saw with Tuch as a Sabre was the Boston game New Years day. It was obvious he was the best Sabres player by a mile. And now Krebs is getting in sync with his Vegas teammate. Good things are happening.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

First live game I saw with Tuch as a Sabre was the Boston game New Years day. It was obvious he was the best Sabres player by a mile. And now Krebs is getting in sync with his Vegas teammate. Good things are happening.

One attribute that is noticeable when watching him play is his speed. I was surprised how fast and how well this big power forward could skate. 

I totally trust Vegas to draft good NHL players thus I have no worries or doubt both will be good players for us. With all the other good young players we have and will be getting in the next year the team should be very good (if they add NHL goalies) in 2 years. Of course then they will all want big contracts  and we will probably lose them all to free agency... 

9 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I totally trust Vegas to draft good NHL players thus I have no worries or doubt both will be good players for us. With all the other good young players we have and will be getting in the next year the team should be very good (if they add NHL goalies) in 2 years. Of course then they will all want big contracts  and we will probably lose them all to free agency... 

Vegas actually has not drafted particularly well, in my opinion.

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The man gets it. It really does take everyone in the building to become a winning organization. From the custodians to the administrative support staff to the trainers to equipment managers to the owners and the players, everybody has a stake. And everyone is worthy of respect from everyone else in the quest to get there. 

Over the years, that building has been inhabited by a few players that never wanted to be there; by players who actually resented it. And that resentment manifested in a show of disrespect towards others. You may be a multi million dollar hockey player, but that doesn’t mean you get to treat a cafeteria or parking attendant like crap or snap at a secretary because they took too long accommodating a request. 

Alex Tuch strikes me as the antithesis of that entitled attitude and one who appreciates his privilege and doesn’t take it for granted. Good on you, Alex Tuch. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

And that resentment manifested in a show of disrespect towards others. You may be a multi million dollar hockey player, but that doesn’t mean you get to treat a cafeteria or parking attendant like crap or snap at a secretary because they took too long accommodating a request. 

Wow, that creative writing class is really paying off....

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.... did Gionta literally say that about "treat a cafeteria or parking attendant like crap or snap at a secretary because they took too long accommodating a request"?

Not in so many words. Sorry I can’t provide eyewitness accounts or film footage. But what Gionta alluded to has been echoed by several others, including people I know personally and I take their word for it. Regardless, it’s ancient history, those people are long gone, and decent people have replaced them. 

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

That's where the "creative writing" remark came from.  I have no doubt that the spirit of your statement is correct, but it just seemed fleshed out with details that no one could know.

What does “treating people around the building poorly” say to you? Fill in your own blanks then. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.