Alex Tuch, a key piece in the Eichel trade

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Impressive. Someone else I can root for.

I will give Adams credit, he is following through on all his talk about building a team the fanbase can connect with.

I sure hope he eventually gets around to building one that can win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, French Collection said:

I like his enthusiasm. He will have an impact on this team, probably around 25 goals.

I’m totally cool with that. What we lose in raw point totals from Eichel, we will gain a generous portion of positive leadership and inclusion on and off the ice from Tuch. At least that’s what I hope.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, definitely. I think he is exactly the type of player we have been missing and need.

As an old timer, he makes me think it's similar to Mike Foligno coming here way back when. He will be an impact player and a fan favourite. 

good comparison...tough and above avg skills 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He's been to playoffs every year with 2  Stanley cup appearances and a conference final and still only 25 

Who on the buffalo roster has that? 

Two conference finals and one cup final.

I think the phrase you were searching for is “ knows how to win”.  Everyone knows what winning means, even if they have no clue how to do it.

Regardless, I agree with you.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, Weave said:

Pretty sure the comparable was Mike Foligno, not Marcus.  Mike was a textbook power forward with good skill and hands, effective on the first line, always top 6.  Drop the gloves occasionally, but that wasn’t really his role, more a product of the era he played in.  Not unlike what Cozens seems to be trying.

Mike Foligno had over 2000 penalty mins in 1018 games played.  He would  have scored 400 goals if not for late career iinjuries and all that time in the sin bin.  He was not a heavy weight but he dropped the gloves often.  Yes, that was the era but Mike loved to scrap.  

Tuch is not that but rest assured he plays a physical game by today’s standards, especially in the playoffs. 

If you factor in the Krebs acquisition in the Vegas deal that included Tuch you can see KA in the not too distant future putting together two genuine top six lines. The current Rochester line of Peterka-Krebs-Quinn should in a short period of time be moving up to the big club. At the minimum they are second-line players. And with Tuch you should be able to assemble another top six line with some of the young players currently on the roster. Some of the candidates for one of those other upper lines could come from the group that includes Cozens, Mitts, Olofsson, maybe Asplund and Thompson. However, I see Asplund and Thompson more as good third line players although they are not far off the mark as second line players. What is becoming evident is that KA is adding enough talent to fill both the top and lower lines. Clearly the roster is being thickened with more talent spread throughout the lines. Upgrading the roster in general is better than being too reliant on a star player. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If you factor in the Krebs acquisition in the Vegas deal that included Tuch you can see KA in the not too distant future putting together two genuine top six lines. The current Rochester line of Peterka-Krebs-Quinn should in a short period of time be moving up to the big club. At the minimum they are second-line players. And with Tuch you should be able to assemble another top six line with some of the young players currently on the roster. Some of the candidates for one of those other upper lines could come from the group that includes Cozens, Mitts, Olofsson, maybe Asplund and Thompson. However, I see Asplund and Thompson more as good third line players although they are not far off the mark as second line players. What is becoming evident is that KA is adding enough talent to fill both the top and lower lines. Clearly the roster is being thickened with more talent spread throughout the lines. Upgrading the roster in general is better than being too reliant on a star player. 

While it seems inevitable that (barring a Cozens demotion) Peterka - Krebs - Quinn will become a line, it hasn't yet in a very small sample size except for a shift or 2.  Would like to see that happen, though.

But unless you are looking at least 2 years out & possibly 3, that will not be a good 2nd line in the NHL.  If they are penciled in at that usage level for next season, they're getting set up for failure.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

While it seems inevitable that (barring a Cozens demotion) Peterka - Krebs - Quinn will become a line, it hasn't yet in a very small sample size except for a shift or 2.  Would like to see that happen, though.

But unless you are looking at least 2 years out & possibly 3, that will not be a good 2nd line in the NHL.  If they are penciled in at that usage level for next season, they're getting set up for failure.

My 2 cents.

Yes. I think if JJP-Krebs-Quinn becomes a full-time thing in the AHL this year, then next year they could be a kid 3rd line ala Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov. Heavy on the o-zone starts. If they lose the draw, they go get it back; if they win the draw, they have some fun. But in order to bring them up en masse, we need the top 6 solidified with advancements by Mitts/Tage or Cozens. Tuch adding the size and maturity. And either a Skinner resurgence (or Asplund sticking in the top 6). Olofsson TBD depending on the contract situation.

Whatever the outcome, I hope we don't rush any of them. Cups of coffee this year are welcome, but promote each player individually at their right pace. A good lineup can account for maybe 2 rookie forwards a year and 1 rookie D. We don't want to see all the rookies at once, even if they're all almost ready, because the established vets on this roster aren't able to carry the team on their backs for any extended length of time while rookies go through their rougher patches.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

My 2 cents.

They remind me of the Roy-Vanek-Pominville line as others have said, but we brought that up as a L3 behind 2 all-star centres. So, that matters 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

My 2 cents.

I agree with you that the Peterka/Krebs/ Quinn line shouldn't be rushed beyond their development stage. My point is that these three players and the other players that I mentioned are arguably at the minimum second line players. These young players with potential are in the system and are not far off to moving up the ranks not only to the next level but also to higher lines. I wouldn't be surprised that the trio I mentioned will be on the Sabre roster next year, and if not, shortly thereafter. The timeframe that I think is reasonable is two years. 

Edited by JohnC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.