Alex Tuch, a key piece in the Eichel trade

LGR4GM

Apparently he grew up on the same street as Tim Connolly's parents and their parents are still neighbors there.

"'There’s something in the water’ — Alex Tuch’s childhood street a factory for elite athletes"

Judging by the picture, I'd have to say that a well-financed sports interest is what produces elite athletes.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

We should be talking more about Tuch even though he is currently injured. The guy is good. 

Can you imagine if we FINALLY have an analytics department that knows what they're doing?  I need to see much more (including Tuch) but let's hope the Sabres management is finally competent.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Apparently he grew up on the same street as Tim Connolly's parents and their parents are still neighbors there.

"'There’s something in the water’ — Alex Tuch’s childhood street a factory for elite athletes"

Judging by the picture, I'd have to say that a well-financed sports interest is what produces elite athletes.

Shhhhhhhhhh…. You’re not supposed to just say the quiet part out loud… 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm happy for this trade just as much because of Tuch as I am for any of the other parts. I think he is a very good NHL player.

He is/has been close to a 20 goal guy per 82 games. Last year he was scoring at a 27 goal/per 82 games.  He is a good even strength scorer.  He is 25 now, so he is close to his analytical scoring peak but still has a couple years where his numbers might/could get better.  He is under contract for a few years at a VERY good rate for his production.  He does have playoff experience (quite a bit of it for someone his age) and he has produced/scored in the playoffs.

I don't see him as just a 'throw in'.  In the next 2-3 years, he can/should be a legit top 6 winger that has an OUTSIDE potential to hit 30 goals in a season, but should be relied on to hit 20 goals while being responsible in his own end and the neutral zone as well as in the offensive zone.

The moment he steps on the ice he makes the Sabres better, and should make them better for the next few years.

Here is an article I remember reading a few months ago I found about him

full article here: https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports/hockey/7036557-For-Wild-former-top-prospect-Alex-Tuch-is-the-one-that-got-away

Alex Tuch is a foundational piece of the Vegas Golden Knights, a 25-year-old skating savant on the precipice of his prime. He proved as much Tuesday night at T-Mobile Arena, taking over Game 2 of this first-round playoff series down the stretch and leading the Golden Knights to a 3-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild.

“He’s got speed, size, grit, and he gets to the net,” Wild coach Dean Evason said. “He’s a real good player. He’s certainly somebody that we have to pay attention to when he’s on the ice.”

He used his massive frame and unmatched speed to dominate for prolonged stretches — and he finally got rewarded midway through the game with the go-ahead goal.

A few minutes after Jonathan Marchessault scored the first goal of the series for the Golden Knights, Tuch followed it up with a greasy goal on the doorstep that proved to be the game-winner. He crashed the net and Mattias Janmark found him with a pass in close.

He’s such a dynamic skater, and when he’s using that size and that speed and getting to those tough areas of the rink, he’s a really hard guy to handle,” Golden Knights coach Pete DeBoer said. 

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm happy for this trade just as much because of Tuch as I am for any of the other parts. I think he is a very good NHL player.

He is/has been close to a 20 goal guy per 82 games. Last year he was scoring at a 27 goal/per 82 games.  He is a good even strength scorer.  He is 25 now, so he is close to his analytical scoring peak but still has a couple years where his numbers might/could get better.  He is under contract for a few years at a VERY good rate for his production.  He does have playoff experience (quite a bit of it for someone his age) and he has produced/scored in the playoffs.

I don't see him as just a 'throw in'.  In the next 2-3 years, he can/should be a legit top 6 winger that has an OUTSIDE potential to hit 30 goals in a season, but should be relied on to hit 20 goals while being responsible in his own end and the neutral zone as well as in the offensive zone.

The moment he steps on the ice he makes the Sabres better, and should make them better for the next few years.

Here is an article I remember reading a few months ago I found about him

full article here: https://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports/hockey/7036557-For-Wild-former-top-prospect-Alex-Tuch-is-the-one-that-got-away

Alex Tuch is a foundational piece of the Vegas Golden Knights, a 25-year-old skating savant on the precipice of his prime. He proved as much Tuesday night at T-Mobile Arena, taking over Game 2 of this first-round playoff series down the stretch and leading the Golden Knights to a 3-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild.

“He’s got speed, size, grit, and he gets to the net,” Wild coach Dean Evason said. “He’s a real good player. He’s certainly somebody that we have to pay attention to when he’s on the ice.”

He used his massive frame and unmatched speed to dominate for prolonged stretches — and he finally got rewarded midway through the game with the go-ahead goal.

A few minutes after Jonathan Marchessault scored the first goal of the series for the Golden Knights, Tuch followed it up with a greasy goal on the doorstep that proved to be the game-winner. He crashed the net and Mattias Janmark found him with a pass in close.

He’s such a dynamic skater, and when he’s using that size and that speed and getting to those tough areas of the rink, he’s a really hard guy to handle,” Golden Knights coach Pete DeBoer said. 

I'm legitimately excited about Tuch and his impact on this team going forward.

As soon as next year the Sabres could have the equivalent of two, possibly three number one quality lines. 

Either way Tuch is entering his prime. I'm not saying he will score 40+ goals but I'm not saying he won't just yet either. 

Alex Tuch is anything but a throw-in.

He's very good player who is just 25, fits the "plays fast, has character" mold we are creating and has a power forward prototype game that we lack both currently and in the system.

He's easily top 6 forward for us now and likely will remain that way for a while.

Very happy to have him.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

We should be talking more about Tuch even though he is currently injured. The guy is good. 

Yes, definitely. I think he is exactly the type of player we have been missing and need.

As an old timer, he makes me think it's similar to Mike Foligno coming here way back when. He will be an impact player and a fan favourite. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.