Jake McCabe Signs with Chicago

WildCard

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Bummer.

Knew it was coming, but still stinks.

25 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I liked McCabe, wish him well.

Shame he got injured last season, he was playing the best hockey of his career.  

21 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Great guy..lots of class and wants to win....another player gone that should have been re-signed. Good work KA. Boy this sucks...

Agreed on all counts.  Steady Dman that only got better.  Definitely an unsung contributor.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting comments by Jake on twitter.  Sounded like he’s been angling to play for Chicago for some time.

"I've been secretly hoping this was going to come to fruition for a long time. This place has been an adopted home for me the last five years."

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Great guy..lots of class and wants to win....another player gone that should have been re-signed. Good work KA. Boy this sucks...

So he goes to Chicago? Haven't done much winning out there lately and they are a little long in the tooth with their star players.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I know he had some injury issues, but McCabe was a solid blueliner.  Can’t blame anyone for wanting a change from the Sabres. 

No one could blame him.  I would not stay on this team either.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

Like McCabes style of defense and wish we could have kept him but injuries and this cap hit are a bit much

This team is going to have a ton of Cap room this year, I wouldn't be too worried about a players cap hit right now

It might actually help them make sure they stay above the Cap floor.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

This team is going to have a ton of Cap room this year, I wouldn't be too worried about a players cap hit right now

It might actually help them make sure they stay above the Cap floor.

the same thing was said when we sign Okposo and skinner. Cap hits are always at the forefront of today’s NHL and this was too much.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.