Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

Just now, Cascade Youth said:

They’re probably hoping to replicate what the Bills did, tearing it down to the studs to build “culture first,” then slowly adding pieces who buy into that culture.  

The problem is that you need to acquire the right pieces and have a plan to evaluate and develop them.  You need a quality scouting program and you need to hit on several key acquisitions.  Not sure they’ve got the right team for that approach.

Bills haven’t drafted that well. They went character first, talent second, and changed the team around 

Krueger went system first, subordinancy second, culture as a catchphrase 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Great, so we'll burn through Granato and then after 5 years of constant losing dahlin and cozens will have had enough and want out. 

Does Adams really think the Sabres have drafted a bunch of bad apples, and not that the attitudes became that way after festering in a losing atmosphere? I don't get his strategy. 

Straight up, this trade is the way worse than the O'Reilly trade, and that trade was the worse trade in the history of the franchise.

Adams might as well show up to the draft wearing  a straw hat holding a giant lollipop, because the guy is a total rube.

Opposing GMs will now flood him with trash offers, knowing that no offer is too crappy for Adams to accept.

Players, want out of Buffalo?  Just insinuate that you don't want to be here, and Kevy will accept any deal no matter how awful to grant your your wish.

Kevyn Adams, what a rube.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Does Adams really think the Sabres have drafted a bunch of bad apples, and not that the attitudes became that way after festering in a losing atmosphere? I don't get his strategy. 

Stoicism replies... You are the atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes he is 

Sorry but no way you get pick 14 for the "worst" d-man in the league

- - - 

If the Third Man is Vatrano.. hell even their trade targets need to fulfil their USNTDP fetish lol

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Stoicism replies... You are the atmosphere. 

No. I, the fan, am inevitable. 

We are correlation, not causation. We are the canvas on which the Sabres have painted their last 10 seasons. 

Edited by Thorny

And as the morning proceeded, the mood of the board became darker and darker. Only some good news of help arriving will relieve the sour mood and growing despondency. The Sabres do appear to be a much worse team now than back a few months ago when they were in their glory as the worst team in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sorry but no way you get pick 14 for the "worst" d-man in the league

- - - 

If the Third Man is Vatrano.. hell even their trade targets need to fulfil their USNTDP fetish lol

I love how people are saying he's not the worst when almost all of the fanbase thought he was worth nothing .

So you're  telling me he's better then Sam Reinhart?

Just now, Cal Naughton Jr said:

The Sabres are the worst run organization in all of professional sports. How did we get this far?

Agreed.  Seriously, how did we get here?  In a salary cap era it is pretty unbelievable to have missed the playoffs for this long AND run out probably one of the worst Sabres teams since the tank for next season.

They are the absolute champion of minimizing the assets they posses.  There are so many smart hockey minds out there.  Just so frustrating seeing GM after GM continue setting this franchise back.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The trade isn't even announced and everyone is already mad about it. Go take a walk outside. Yeesh.

We have the majority of the pieces confirmed and we spend hours discussing merely trade rumours. I think this is pretty fair game. Caveats for needing to see the full return have been stipulated - but it sure looks like Vatrano/pick/Levi 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We have the majority of the pieces confirmed and we spend hours discussing merely trade rumours. I think this is pretty fair game. Caveats for needing to see the full return have been stipulated - but it sure looks like Vatrano/pick/Levi 

None of the pieces are confirmed?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.