Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

58 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is exactly it and what I was about to post. I’m glad people understand that there’s a huge difference between the value of Sam and the value of Sam on his current contract.

Didn't affect the Risto return, both one year from UFA

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

With Hoss on this one. It is a small sample size and shouldn't be used as the "this is what the player is" type of evaluation. All it takes is for a guy to have a minor injury for 7 games or to play on a disconnected team. 

Unless the hold up is him signing an extension. 

The latter may be the case. But until he does, it is one years worth of Sam. That drives down the return considerably. 

50 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You guys did so well on Risto I thought the return would be way more.

Would've loved to have seen him on the Jets.

I think the Jets got more NHL goal scoring out of pick 18 than we will 1 and 14 combined. Have heard Lucius was the top goal scoring C in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

First, Risto only has one year on his deal so it's effectively the same situation

Second, If all you can get for a 25 year old 25g scoring winger with one year left is a cap dump, a draft pick and a medium prospect, and traded in your division, your an incompetent GM.  The guy said he wants to go back West.  You can't tell me that Calgary, Van, Sea, Edm, etc  couldn't have put a similar package together?

Third, a competent GM can say no.  We have the season up until the trade deadline to trade him.  This same kind of failed package would be available then.

If the package is only this and Sam signs an extension, what more evidence do we need that KA is incompetent at his position.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

It would be healthier if fans phrase this as “one year of Sam” is worth…

I hadn't even thought of that.

Having said that, I feel like this place has a lot of friendly fire going on. Some of us are calling for patience, while others are acting like Varuka Salt and want their Stanley Cup now.

Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!!!

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

First, Risto only has one year on his deal so it's effectively the same situation

Second, If all you can get for a 25 year old 25g scoring winger with one year left is a cap dump, a draft pick and a medium prospect, and traded in your division, your an incompetent GM.  The guy said he wants to go back West.  You can't tell me that Calgary, Van, Sea, Edm, etc  couldn't have put a similar package together?

Third, a competent GM can say no.  We have the season up until the trade deadline to trade him.  This same kind of failed package would be available then,  

Would have been much more valuable on our roster. Which is now barren - because we are aiming for Wright/Bedard (pending this mystery 3rd player, obviously)

Just now, Thorny said:

Would have been much more valuable on our roster. Which is now barren - because we are aiming for Wright/Bedard (pending this mystery 3rd player, obviously)

Correct.  He says no, we get Sam for much of the season and then get the same package at the deadline.  Poor judgement and worse asset management.  Just stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's ok to call it a horrible trade if those are the pieces 

There is always the implication when characterizing a trade using those words that the team trading did something wrong. 

I don’t think that’s the case. If the offers aren’t there, they aren’t there. Sometimes they are. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Looks like KAs plan is to get the first pick every year until we are good. If Eichel goes our center spine is Mitts and Girgs. Looks even worse we took Quinn over Rossi. Are we that clueless? 

I don't understand what he's doing with regards to only drafting wingers and D, trading our Cs and so far not bringing any back in return. Big game hunting would be my guess, for Cs in the next couple drafts

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I don't understand what he's doing with regards to only drafting wingers and D, trading our Cs and so far not bringing any back in return. Big game hunting would be my guess, for Cs in the next couple drafts

Another GM who doesn't understand how to get centers... uhg

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SDS said:

There is always the implication when characterizing a trade using those words that the team trading did something wrong. 

I don’t think that’s the case. If the offers aren’t there, they aren’t there. Sometimes they are. 

Then keep him and play him this season with our young core so they don't get caved, and ship him off at the deadline. The rumored deal is a net negative 

Yes, he's done something wrong if the rumored deal is the deal

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Then don't make the deal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We potentially on paper look worse than last year if we don’t get good returns. 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

We potentially on paper look worse than last year if we don’t get good returns. 

Potentially??

We've traded Sam Reinhart and Rasmus Ristolainen for a 7th round goalie prospect, Isak Rosen, and a couple picks years away. 

We are significantly worse right now, significantly 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.