Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

13 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

This is a weird trade. I have never known such a slow lag between announce and the pieces being confirmed.

I literally think they made the deal after NHL staff went home for the day and it won’t be processed until they start work this morning. Should be something shortly, you would think, unless there were weird conditions attached that are being reviewed.

Sam’s camp and Levi’s camp have confirmed they’ve been told. In the pre-Twitter/insider days it would be announced when the draft opened this morning.

Still convinced there is a “now” piece coming - player, pick later today or ready-to-play prospect. There was no reason to consummate a pick for a conditional 1st next year and a B prospect last night. That trade is still available in February.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Maybe. But they are going to be likely in the 20 plus range. Not likely to equal Sam at #2. 

Why I would you expect future draft picks to be equal to a draft pick made seven years ago? 

• Like (+1) 1

We got fleeced on ROR.

We got fleeced on Bogosian.

We got fleeced on Hall.

We are taking a garbage dump and high picks for Sam?

Are they deliberately ruining this market?

Absolutely mind-boggling. 

I want KA nowhere near Eichel. 

Tanking again🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I'm trying to hold judgement until the trade is announced but this seems like the worst case scenario. The timing of this deal also strikes me as weird, why have it leaked at midnight and then have movement? Are they getting our 1st 2nd round pick? 

Im also curious to know what the hell the plan is for our roster this upcoming season. We've lost 90% of our toughness in risto and borgen and now Sam leaves a gaping hole on offense. There are no free agents that I want the sabres to overpay for and I was hoping the eichel or reino trades would bring back exciting forwards to watch.

Don’t forget, we don’t have a goalie yet either

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

We got fleeced on ROR.

We got fleeced on Bogosian.

We got fleeced on Hall.

We are taking a garbage dump and high picks for Sam?

Are they deliberately ruining this market?

Absolutely mind-boggling. 

I want KA nowhere near Eichel. 

Tanking again🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think by trading eichel and sam, they are making it clear we are hitting the reset button…this should not come as a shock.

FWIW, Florida's 2nd-rounder is #56 overall.  That might be one of the "picks" that are being finalized.

Or maybe the Sabres are throwing in #33 and Florida is sending us Barkov, who has told Florida he won't re-sign there and has always dreamed of living near Duffs and playing for Donnie Meatballs.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

This Power kid doesn’t have a chance here. His career is already over. They ruined a generational talent like Dahlin, they’ll ruin him too

You do realize Dahlin is only 21 right? I didn’t realize NHL careers ended that early.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.