Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I would add to Reinhart to get Lundell alone 

I would prefer Reinhart playing next year and leaving for nothing to getting FLA 2022 first,Levi, and hep/vatrano

I'd rather get something than letting him leave for nothing.   I love Reinhart, but you have to acquire something for him.  That's a little extreme. 

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I highly doubt KA is planning to tank, nor do I think trading Risto and Reino (and Eichel, if and when that happens) should be interpreted as planning to tank.

He is rebuilding the team culture, which was terrible.  He's now shipped out 2 guys who pretty clearly wanted out and were both highly likely to leave after this year in UFA.

I, whacked-out on hopium, believe he is planning on a major upgrade in goal, which by itself will create a huge improvement over last year and keep the Sabres well clear of the bottom 5.  I think he also plans on adding at least 1 center and 1 defenseman who both fit his fast-gritty-good character target profile.

Let's see how it goes.

Unless he builds a time machine and brings back Hasek in his prime this roster tops out at barely above 20 wins. It's much closer to AHL level than NHL level.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rasmus_ said:

I'd rather get something than letting him leave for nothing.   I love Reinhart, but you have to acquire something for him.  That's a little extreme. 

I value 1 year of Reinhart insulating kids more than pick 29 next year and two things that will never impact the Buffalo Sabres in any meaningful way 

• Like (+1) 2

The moves and rumored so far don't rule out tanking IMO, though I don't think an actual "tank" is what we are doing, the way people use the term. I do think that through the prism of the moves we've seen made, it's likely that, although "winning" could/would be welcome, it is a backseat priority at this point in time. For me that's troubling in and of itself but everyone's mileage may vary on that and people smarter than me have advocated for that route. Depending on the rest of the work we see, though like I said I don't think we are tanking, it's possible IMO Adams would sooner see us get the 1 overall than the 8th seed. 

Do people really believe he was offered top ten pick and prospect last night and he said, nah, I’m good with a low pick next year, a third liner and a long shot goalie? The market is what it is for RFA forwards. Look what the Rangers got. Look what everyone paid at the deadline(except for ridiculous Foligno deal). He made it clear he wasn’t staying. They want to rid the team of guys like that. They took the best they were offered.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The problem isn't that he's trying to fix the culture, it's that he's doing it seemingly with no regard for talent. Also a big part of the equation, regardless of your thoughts on culture 

What is this based on? 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

There's no other  option you just lost 85% of your offense.

Reino is a good but not great player and in any event didn't comprise 85% of their offense, nor did he plus Risto comprise 85%.

There is always a better option than tanking.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I would add to Reinhart to get Lundell alone 

Sure, but if teams aren't willing to part with their crown jewels for Eichel, they definitely won't do so for Reino plus sweeteners.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I value 1 year of Reinhart insulating kids more than pick 29 next year and two things that will never impact the Buffalo Sabres in any meaningful way 

Do you see him signing here, if he isn't traded?  If he's that disheartened, he could balk and take his ***** home.  But, that's me. 

Just now, tom webster said:

Do people really believe he was offered top ten pick and prospect last night and he said, nah, I’m good with a low pick next year, a third liner and a long shot goalie? The market is what it is for RFA forwards. Look what the Rangers got. Look what everyone paid at the deadline(except for ridiculous Foligno deal). He made it clear he wasn’t staying. They want to rid the team of guys like that. They took the best they were offered.

They took a deadline deal in the offseason because “culture” and “distraction.”  This is bordering on consumer fraud.  

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

What is this based on? 

Reino is a good but not great player and in any event didn't comprise 85% of their offense, nor did he plus Risto comprise 85%.

Sure, but if teams aren't willing to part with their crown jewels for Eichel, they definitely won't do so for Reino plus sweeteners.

I'm saying jack and Sam = 85%

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

What is this based on? 

My view of the trades and rumored thus far? I said seemingly. It's inarguable that through the transactions of 2 of the 3 biggest assets we have to mold a good team, we have only made our roster worse for next season, so far.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

This thread is insane. We'll find out the details when we find out. We're in here attacking each other over speculation.

Go outside, take a breath.  Damn.

We get it, you are more high-minded than everyone else here. Moving on

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And even worse: he signs long term and we have him in our division for the rest of the decade so if the team ever becomes competitive he can haunt us in the worst way imaginable.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

My view of the trades and rumored thus far? I said seemingly. It's inarguable that through the transactions of 2 of the 3 biggest assets we have to mold a good team, we have only made our roster worse for next season, so far.

I do agree so far we have. I also think many on here including myself expected we may very well be worst while rebuilding with younger players. One of the reasons for keeping Granato.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We get it, you are more high-minded than everyone else here. Moving on

Yes, move on... outside.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I think the Jets got more NHL goal scoring out of pick 18 than we will 1 and 14 combined. Have heard Lucius was the top goal scoring C in the draft

I can't see him making the team for 4 years or so but we got lucky again this year getting a faller. He's played some RW as well. Wheeler has 3 years left on his deal (Maurice will no doubt play Wheeler on the 1st line all 3 years...).

Lucius took a puck to the knee and decided to go with surgery and was laid up for 3 months and couldn't skate for 4 months. He was the 10th leading scorer on his team.

You guys got a good haul for Risto though. Kudos to the GM on taking full advantage of that trade. I can't see the Flyers doing well the next  couple of years to be honest. They'll suck hind tit if their goalie doesn't play better, that's for sure. The drafts of 2022 and 2023 are supposed to be very deep. That 2nd could be a really nice piece. Any camp fire gossip about whether Risto is going to extend with them?

I know Chevy is looking for at least one D man but I wish he would have made a play on Rhino, Ehlers-Scheif-Rhino would have made a great line. I'd have given up Copper and next year's first if Rhino's intentions were staying long term.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.