IIHF worlds

steveoath

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Kent Johnson is a dark horse for the best player in this draft and we don't talk about him enough. He's got all the puck skills and skating you want but he played a perimeter game and benefitted from Beniers puck retrieval and transition skills. That said, Johnson comes from the BCHL ranks and we already know this scouting staff has deep ties to USA hockey. I think he would be below Beniers because of stuff like that. I would note that Johnson was physically immature for NCAA hockey loggin in at 165lbs at 6'1". Beniers was also a little undersized at 6'1" 174lbs (the weight is the undersized part, Marco Rossi was 185lbs in his draft year). 

I have said Kent Johnson is a dark horse a few times and said he feels like a guy who won’t go first but will end up being the best and I recall you giving me pushback on it. Welcome. 😂 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

vet pecking order is the answer. NHL teams are willing to fall face first if it means getting that over the hill vet more playing time. 

Are you saying that Wayne Simmonds and Vladimir Sobotka might have been inferior players to those who were getting less ice time?  Heaven Forfend!

On 5/27/2021 at 10:30 AM, dudacek said:

How much are we reading into Jeremiah Crowe leading last year’s draft, and now being moved out of amateur scouting altogether?

Is that an indictment of who we picked?

It sounds more like a case of a front office that has no plan. 😡

I was really hoping Kazakhstan would win yesterday, or that Arttu could've finished off Canada in regulation to really put down Canada (and give some underdogs a chance for a medal). So -- Germany, Latvia...  all you have to do is skate around for 60 minutes. Get to OT 0-0. Both teams get points. Voila. Yeah, then, play to win in OT/SO, whatever. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.