IIHF worlds

steveoath

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Went from being benched yesterday to Healthy scratch today.

tenor.gif

Was looking forward to power vs Beniers

The only short tourney I find interesting for the draft is the u20. You get draft eligible players you can directly compare to D1 players and everyone is in mid season form ready to go. 

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Tage Thompson got hurt

You're kidding?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The only short tourney I find interesting for the draft is the u20. You get draft eligible players you can directly compare to D1 players and everyone is in mid season form ready to go. 

You're kidding?

Nope, halfway through the 2nd he hurt his right arm, tried to come back but left again. At the start of the 3rd they said he was done for the game.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, steveoath said:

Matt ***** Tennyson scores.  How bad are Gallant's Canada?

👀

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Already better than Colin Miller. I still say he's the pick I want us to make. 

Every Sabre defenseman last season was better then Colin Miller, with the possible exception of Matt Irwin but it’s close. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

if we have the 1st overall pick we're taking power now.

Hopefully we get the 3rd or 2nd pick 

If power improves (agility, gaps, physicality) he'll be a force. None of those things btw are bad, he just needs refinement. 

43 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I want to add I took a dive on power Power after March. He really seemed to come into his own as the Ncaa season progressed. I think his size has him slightly over valued but Power brings an interesting skillset.

Remember too that Power missed out on the WJCs and the Frozen Fours, 2 events that really would have showed his stuff and been great development events for him. Because of the craziness of this year I think whoever takes Power should let him go back to Michigan or the AHL for the season.

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So you still don't want to draft him? 

Again this is like the Ryan Johnson discussion all over. It isn't that I don't want to draft him, it is that I like others more. Let's say Buffalo wins first overall and they take Power, I will have questions because Buffalo's draft record is sketchy but it won't be like when Buffalo drafted Oscari Laaksonen instead of Farrance. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Total of 8 shifts with just ice time when the game is over with.

43f.gif

Power definitely won this match up

You are reading way to much into an 18yr old playing in a short men's tourney in the off-season. I could easily ask why isn't Guenther playing at all but it doesn't matter really. 

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You are reading way to much into an 18yr old playing in a short men's tourney in the off-season. I could easily ask why isn't Guenther playing at all but it doesn't matter really. 

It matters a little bit, just like all the other games.  I don’t think it matters more just because it’s the most recent thing to happen.  It needs to be evaluated for what it is.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

It matters a little bit, just like all the other games.  I don’t think it matters more just because it’s the most recent thing to happen.  It needs to be evaluated for what it is.

Yep. 

A weak looking draft. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.