IIHF worlds

steveoath

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I wonder if those first two make the Sabres hesitant on him

Is there a history of broken ankles causing damage that could affect his career?

I know nothing on the subject, but I would think the break would have to be pretty devastating

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is there a history of broken ankles causing damage that could affect his career?

I know nothing on the subject, but I would think the break would have to be pretty devastating

A break no, but a shattered ankle probably. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

I seem to recall a Sabre who broke an ankle and had lasting effects, but I don’t have a name.

I am old and feeble so I may be all wet here.

• Haha (+1) 1

1972 Summit Series: Canada vs. USSR.  Bobby Clarke intentionally slashes Valeri Kharlamov in the ankle with total intent to injure, and he succeeded.  Broken ankle for Kharlamov (arguably the greatest player on the planet at the time).  Kharlamov had been wreaking havoc for the first 5 games. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

1972 Summit Series: Canada vs. USSR.  Bobby Clarke intentionally slashes Valeri Kharlamov in the ankle with total intent to injure, and he succeeded.  Broken ankle for Kharlamov (arguably the greatest player on the planet at the time).  Kharlamov had been wreaking havoc for the first 5 games. 

So what you're saying is draft the next Bobby Clarke right? 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

LOL.  As much as I hated the "first" Bobby Clarke, I loved him in a Team Canada jersey.  Different story when he was wearing a Philly jersey.  Kinda like with #63.

Edit:  I gotta say, that series was a war.  There were political connotations out the wazoo.  The 4 games the Canadians played in the USSR, they were harassed from minute one.  3am phone calls, disappearing supplies (beer, beef and cereal, etc.), bugged hotel rooms, commie refs, you name it.  Part of me thinks Kharlamov was lucky they only sent Clarke after his ankle and not his neck.  

Edited by BagBoy

Power had a bit of a rough 2nd period with a misread in the defensive zone and overskating a puck early.

So what does Gallant do?  Double shift the kid for the 3rd period including playing the final minute up by a goal.  The kid is so poised with the puck.  Always makes the right pass.  He is going to be a really good player. A guy you play 25 minutes a night and in all critical moments.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Power had a bit of a rough 2nd period with a misread in the defensive zone and overskating a puck early.

So what does Gallant do?  Double shift the kid for the 3rd period including playing the final minute up by a goal.  The kid is so poised with the puck.  Always makes the right pass.  He is going to be a really good player. A guy you play 25 minutes a night and in all critical moments.

Draft Power, hire Gallant.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

TSN guys at the tournament just now already talking about Power as a Sabre as almost a foregone conclusion.

7 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

It is. 

It's not. I really can't emphasize that enough. Likely yes but not a lock. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.