IIHF worlds

steveoath

22 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Not sure everyone is truly buying into it to be honest.  With playoffs still on and players not wanting to travel the teams don't seem full strength. 

Trying to find it now at the local sports bar.  

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So does matthew beniers go down in your rankings after this game ?

Why would he?

At this point the only guy I am not really interested in is Edvinsson because I question his hockey sense.

Power, Clarke, Beniers, Hughes, Eklund and yes even Guenther I can live with.

Edited by Flashsabre

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Why would he?

I was just wondering beacuse you downgraded guenther.

But i truly though he  Would be outstanding today because  He's playing against weaker competition i was wrong .

It's quite concerning in my opinion

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Why would he?

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Seeing how he got  benched not a good look .

It could be just rust will see

Your tying yourself up in knots trying to crap on Beniers.  Draft eligible players in Men’s WHCs don’t usually dress let  alone play a regular shift.

Guenther didn’t even get asked to Canada, is that a bad look?  Your precious Raty didn’t even get asked to Finland, is that a bad look?

Beniers looked like he belonged out there, that is all you are looking for.  Power bet limited minutes for Canada but looked like he belonged too.

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Why would he?

At this point the only guy I am not really interested in is Edvinsson because I question his hockey sense.

Power, Clarke, Beniers, Hughes, Eklund and yes even Guenther I can live with.

I think its between eklund or guenther.

Watch them draft kent to piss me off 

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Your tying yourself up in knots trying to crap on Beniers.  Draft eligible players in Men’s WHCs don’t usually dress let  alone play a regular shift.

Guenther didn’t even get asked to Canada, is that a bad look?  Your precious Raty didn’t even get asked to Finland, is that a bad look?

Beniers looked like he belonged out there, that is all you are looking for.  Power bet limited minutes for Canada but looked like he belonged too.

Thats not true he got benched because of the 2 goals and the total of 4 mins he played 

Like I said it's probably because of rust

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Thats not true he got benched because of the 2 goals and the total of 4 mins he played 

Like I said it's probably because of rust

The one Petersen kicked in his own net Beniers was in great defensive position and did his job.  The other goal deflected in off Boyle’s stick, I don’t think Beniers was on the ice.

Either way, I thought he was fine.  Let the tournament play out.  And you can’t possibly compare Power and Beniers playing in the Men’s WCs to Guenther playing in the U18s. That is ridiculous.

If the Sabres hadn’t drafted Quinn last year then I wouldn’t mind Guenther at all but back to back high picks on RW seems redundant.  But I won’t be upset if they pick him and honestly we have no idea what is going to happen.

Is everyone coming back and they hire a vet coach like Boudreau.  Is everyone being traded and they are doing a hard rebuild?  This might effect who they pick if they get young prospects back in trades.

So many moving parts it is hard to tell who they might lean towards, especially not even knowing where they will pick yet; 1,2 or 3.

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The one Petersen kicked in his own net Beniers was in great defensive position and did his job.  The other goal deflected in off Boyle’s stick, I don’t think Beniers was on the ice.

Either way, I thought he was fine.  Let the tournament play out.  And you can’t possibly compare Power and Beniers playing in the Men’s WCs to Guenther playing in the U18s. That is ridiculous.

If the Sabres hadn’t drafted Quinn last year then I wouldn’t mind Guenther at all but back to back high picks on RW seems redundant.  But I won’t be upset if they pick him and honestly we have no idea what is going to happen.

Is everyone coming back and they hire a vet coach like Boudreau.  Is everyone being traded and they are doing a hard rebuild?  This might effect who they pick if they get young prospects back in trades.

So many moving parts it is hard to tell who they might lean towards, especially not even knowing where they will pick yet; 1,2 or 3.

Hes playing vs weaker opponents and  Apparently they counted on him to be the star of the team because he was  Projected the 1st line centre and then got benched .

willing to give him a pass this game will see how he does next game

Edited by Buffalonill

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hes playing vs weaker opponents and  Apparently they counted on him to be the star of the team because he was  Projected the 1st line centre and then got benched .

Huh, Finland is not weak and no one had him projected at 1st line centre.

USA v Canada will be fun even though both have bad lineups.

You are all in on Guenther but what are your thoughts if they go Power or Clarke with the pick?

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Huh, Finland is not weak and no one had him projected at 1st line centre.

USA v Canada will be fun even though both have bad lineups.

You are all in on Guenther but what are your thoughts if they go Power or Clarke with the pick?

Dont want power and wouldn't be upset at all with clarke.

hes the best defensemen in this draft and will end up another cale makar blunder

26 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How is he playing against weaker opponents?  Weaker than what?

He was going up against pro players mostly from Liiga and KHL.  Is that weaker than NCAA or the junior teams he has played?  I don’t think so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.