IIHF worlds

steveoath

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not. I really can't emphasize that enough. Likely yes but not a lock. 

I hope it's not. I know you're not in the 'trade down' camp but if someone in the 2-4 range wants Power that much, why not trade down?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Power had a bit of a rough 2nd period with a misread in the defensive zone and overskating a puck early.

So what does Gallant do?  Double shift the kid for the 3rd period including playing the final minute up by a goal.  The kid is so poised with the puck.  Always makes the right pass.  He is going to be a really good player. A guy you play 25 minutes a night and in all critical moments.

Maybe we can romance Gallant with the allure of coaching Power.

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Nope 

You are holding onto false hope if you think the pick will be anyone but him.

feel free to buy you Power Jersey today 

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I hope it's not. I know you're not in the 'trade down' camp but if someone in the 2-4 range wants Power that much, why not trade down?

Because he is the best player in the draft and it’s no longer close.  

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

You are holding onto false hope if you think the pick will be anyone but him.

feel free to buy you Power Jersey today 

Why are you so convinced it is him? He doesn't appear to be an overwhelmingly impressive prospect, and he doesn't fit what the Sabres need.

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Because he is the best player in the draft and it’s no longer close.  

That seems to be the subject of some debate. Watching some of the clips people post here he's no Dahlin

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Why are you so convinced it is him? He doesn't appear to be an overwhelmingly impressive prospect, and he doesn't fit what the Sabres need.

The Sabres need literally everything. If this board wasn’t so set with their preconceived notions that Power isn’t good enough we’d all be going wild over his performance today. By all accounts he had a few rough plays in the second but bounced back with more than ten minutes of ice time to secure a win in a very important game.

What he’s doing in this tournament has absolutely locked him in for me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

That seems to be the subject of some debate. Watching some of the clips people post here he's no Dahlin

Not impressive ??? Have you seen what hockey people are saying about him? He was the number one guy going into the worlds and he solidified his ranking   
yes he is no Dahlin offensively he’s the guy you put out there with a minute to go in the game.  A coach’s dream player. 
do you put Dahlin out there with a minute to go in the game and holding a 1 goal

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The Sabres need literally everything. If this board wasn’t so set with their preconceived notions that Power isn’t good enough we’d all be going wild over his performance today. By all accounts he had a few rough plays in the second but bounced back with more than ten minutes of ice time to secure a win in a very important game.

It’s not like there is Connor McDavid out there and we are saying take the Dman.

he’s the best player , dont over think it.  Take him 

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not impressive ??? Have you seen what hockey people are saying about him? He was the number one guy going into the worlds and he solidified his ranking   
yes he is no Dahlin offensively he’s the guy you put out there with a minute to go in the game.  A coach’s dream player. 
do you put Dahlin out there with a minute to go in the game and holding a 1 goal

It’s not like there is Connor McDavid out there and we are saying take the Dman.

he’s the best player , dont over think it.  Take him 

Not a McDavid, but maybe a Toews

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not. I really can't emphasize that enough. Likely yes but not a lock. 

Based on what? Some inside information or just your hopes.  I think it is definitely trending that way nationally and people would be surprised if they took anyone other then Power.

Baker made an interesting connection the other night. One of Buffalo’s scouts was the one who helped  recruit Power to the Chicago Steel.  

To me they have probably watched the Michigan kids the most with Portillo being there and them having eyes on his starts.  

If it is not Power then it would be Beniers. I can’t see them possibly taking anyone else at #1 at this point other then those two.

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's recency bias because he's been good in this tournament. He's worthy of 1st but the hype train has left the station. 

17 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Lol this board is 90% draft Power.

13 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Based on what? Some inside information or just your hopes.  I think it is definitely trending that way nationally and people would be surprised if they took anyone other then Power.

Baker made an interesting connection the other night. One of Buffalo’s scouts was the one who helped  recruit Power to the Chicago Steel.  

To me they have probably watched the Michigan kids the most with Portillo being there and them having eyes on his starts.  

If it is not Power then it would be Beniers. I can’t see them possibly taking anyone else at #1 at this point other then those two.

Seth Appert was Beniers coach. 

No I have no inside info other than knowing power is not consensus 1st overall. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

People thinking power is going to impact the nhl like Dahlin lol 

He will have the same time frame as Bouchard and Byram

Who is saying different? I hope they draft Power and send him back to Michigan. He is not plug and play.  He has a ton of upside and development ahead of him.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

For those of you who have watched the IHF series how has Tage Thompson looked? 

Pretty good but not a lot of finish from him or the players he has set up.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Who is saying different? I hope they draft Power and send him back to Michigan. He is not plug and play.  He has a ton of upside and development ahead of him.

Pretty good but not a lot of finish from him or the players he has set up.

I just think drafting another LHD is pointless when you have samuelsson, bryson , Johnson

If im Johnson im going ufa now 

27 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Tristan Musser and Seth Appert will have first hand knowledge of Power and Beniers respectively, although Appert being Beniers HC probably gives Him more insight.

Power has looked very good at the Worlds, but we do need to remember these teams are not stacked with Top Players. Maybe Connor Garland makes the US Olympic Team and no one from Canada makes their Olympic Squad. 

The Wild Card to all this will be Jason Karmanos. I believe He will have the biggest influence on how the Sabres Draft. He likes analytics, so those will be used in making decisions.

The other possibility is the Sabres acquire another Top Ten Pick in the Eichel Trade. 

My gut feeling is Turcotte and 8th OA is part of a return for Him.

This would open up the possibility of Power at 1OA and MacTavish at 8OA or Beniers and the Top Remaining DMan. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tristan Musser and Seth Appert will have first hand knowledge of Power and Beniers respectively, although Appert being Beniers HC probably gives Him more insight.

Power has looked very good at the Worlds, but we do need to remember these teams are not stacked with Top Players. Maybe Connor Garland makes the US Olympic Team and no one from Canada makes their Olympic Squad. 

The Wild Card to all this will be Jason Karmanos. I believe He will have the biggest influence on how the Sabres Draft. He likes analytics, so those will be used in making decisions.

The other possibility is the Sabres acquire another Top Ten Pick in the Eichel Trade. 

This would open up the possibility of Power at 1OA and MacTavish at 8OA or Beniers and the Top Remaining DMan. 

That better not be the best offer thats peanuts

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If we get 8OA too, I’m going with Wallstedt. Sorry, don’t know if he’ll work out, but next to 1C, that’s the most important position on the team. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.