IIHF worlds

steveoath

20 hours ago, #freejame said:

I always love finding out how terrible I am at pronouncing names without having heard them before. This one is pretty bad. Happened with Eichel during his BU season as well. 

eee-kel?

Eh-kel?

I-chel?

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

But he won't be NHL ready next year. He's got at least 1 more year in Germany. 

In terms of development. Would Germany be better than the AHL for him? 

Regardless the contract situation 

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He’s done two years in the DEL and had a good year this year.

I’d persevere him adjusting to NA rinks and culture in Rochester next year.

He's only 19, I'd leave him in Germany 1 more season and then bring him over. 

I personally think for skaters adjustment to NA ice is overblown. 10 games or less and you've adjusted. 

That was a bad interference call on Power.  Had a really nice rush and fed the puck to the streaking winger heading to the net.

watching Power play it seems he is not quite sure of his own abilities quite yet.  There is a lot of upside in his game as he fills out, gets comfortable with his ability against top talent.

If he is the pick I wouldn’t mind him going back to Michigan for a year to develop.

13 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He probably did it so he wouldn't be drafted by buffalo 

Yep. The lengths players will go through to avoid playing for the Sabres. He should’ve played it cool like Power and stuck to the letter writing. 

On 6/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, LGR4GM said:

He's only 19, I'd leave him in Germany 1 more season and then bring him over. 

I personally think for skaters adjustment to NA ice is overblown. 10 games or less and you've adjusted. 

Agreed. I do think some players play games that are partial to the bigger ice and that's part of why they fail (I'm worried about this with Eklund - he thrives so much in space/extra space). I don't think JJ is one of those players.

Can he come over for camps and whatnot in the offseason to skate with the team?

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Agreed. I do think some players play games that are partial to the bigger ice and that's part of why they fail (I'm worried about this with Eklund - he thrives so much in space/extra space). I don't think JJ is one of those players.

Can he come over for camps and whatnot in the offseason to skate with the team?

I'd assume with things opening up he can come for camps

I think if he broke it, they would just announce that and send him home because keeping him there doesn't really do anything. I am hoping it is a bad ankle contusion and I know when I had mine playing soccer, I couldn't walk on it for 24 hours and it was exceedingly painful. After that period I rapidly got better and played in another game with a wrapped ankle 3 days later. I think he probably has a worse one so we shall see what news comes out today, I suppose he could have broken it and they are just acting like the NHL does where they won't tell you about an injury because dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.