IIHF worlds

steveoath

Shame for Canada there, Power driving through the zone to set up a goal but chopped off as he went offside (foot in air over blue line).

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

weird or wired? 

Silly IIHF off side rule but otherwise great play. Not drafting Power would be insane. 

He looks very composed.  I think I take him, unless we gain another top pick and can take beniers and someone like Hughes.

19 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Shame for Canada there, Power driving through the zone to set up a goal but chopped off as he went offside (foot in air over blue line).

He looks very composed.  I think I take him, unless we gain another top pick and can take beniers and someone like Hughes.

We could shoot for pick 3 from Anaheim in an Eichel deal and get Power + Beniers/Guenther.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We could shoot for pick 3 from Anaheim in an Eichel deal and get Power + Beniers/Guenther.

That would be my ideal trade. If zegras is in the return. I don't see seattle passing on Beniers though.

Edited by steveoath

22 minutes ago, steveoath said:

That would be my ideal trade. If zegras is in the return. I don't see seattle passing on Beniers though.

I think lists will be all over the place so it’ll be interesting to see who they go with. Seattle doesn’t even exist yet and he seems like a Seattle player already, though. Probably because he seems like a Vegas player.

Canada started 0-3 in the tournament, needed Germany to defeat Latvia in regulation to make it out of the qualifying round... and won 6 in a row to capture gold. Not too shabby. I'd have liked to see Latvia make it to the medal round for some home-ice fun, but alas. Coincidentally, Canada's fortunes turned around when Buffalo's own Miller was injured and Power started playing bigger minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Canada started 0-3 in the tournament, needed Germany to defeat Latvia in regulation to make it out of the qualifying round... and won 6 in a row to capture gold. Not too shabby. I'd have liked to see Latvia make it to the medal round for some home-ice fun, but alas. Coincidentally, Canada's fortunes turned around when Buffalo's own Miller was injured and Power started playing bigger minutes.

Colin Miller has that effect on teams.

27 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Owen Power, World Champion

Oh damn he's a winner. Well so much for being a Sabre........

Seriously though, I know Mangiapani was added and it made a difference etc. BUT can we not just hire Gallant right the f now???????????????

Crap team of kids and not a whole lot gold medal. Come on, just hire him and get out of his way!

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Seriously though, I know Mangiapani was added and it made a difference etc. BUT can we not just hire Gallant right the f now???????????????

Crap team of kids and not a whole lot gold medal. Come on, just hire him and get out of his way!

Hire Gallant and ship Reinhart to Calgary for Rasmus Andersson and Andrew Mangiapane.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Short tournament blah blah blah

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.