Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Torts has a potty mouth:

Tortorella explodes on Penguins' Rutherford, Johnson: 'Shut the f--- up!'

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1565600

Not only is it not asterisked out in anyway, but they also include much more of the quote than you typically get to see.  I wish we'd see that more in these reports.  There's still plenty of context lost in the whole thing, but it feels like Torts words aren't getting the total hatchet job that you usually see in online reporting.

You mean not only is the NHL not innovative in any way shape or form, but they're actually far beyond being behind the times? Surely not!

And Gary Bettman is currently writing a hall of Fame acceptance speech.

And Gary Bettman is currently writing a hall of Fame acceptance speech.

But we have hockey in Arizona now!

...I know, growing the game is a thing, but maybe helping to advance humanity is important too.

I’m not really sure what the NHL is supposed to do here if they do create a policy, they’re not going to be able to apply it to Voynov without a major legal battle. This whole thing will blow over pretty quickly if no one signs him. I have a hard time picturing anyone knocking down that door.

Something that should be getting more play is that without making the playoffs, the Islanders lost their franchise center for nothing at age 27.

That's some rough stuff.

foreshadow?

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Something that should be getting more play is that without making the playoffs, the Islanders lost their franchise center for nothing at age 27. 

That's some rough stuff. 

It’s horrible mismanagement of assets.

Has there been worse since Black Sunday?