Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

The Canadiens acquire forward Joel Armia, goaltender Steve Mason, a seventh-round draft pick in 2019 and a fourth-round pick in 2020 from the Winnipeg Jets, in exchange for defenseman Simon Bourque.

DETAILS -> http://goha.bs/2Mym1CO

I hate to see Armia go but we are loaded with bottom 6 players and we need room for Roslo and maybe Vaseline or Lemieux (both ELCs). We'll miss him on the PK.

I would have moved Myers and his 5.5m cap hit but they are talking about playing him on the left side with Buff. He did horribly on the first pairing with Morrissey when Trouba went Trouba.

Perreault and his 4.1m deal is another one I would move for cap space and letting a youngster play.

Edited by Ducky

@NHLJets
The #NHLJets have acquired Nicolas Kerdiles from the @AnaheimDucks in exchange for Chase De Leo.

@TheFourthPeriod
The SJ Sharks and Logan Couture have finalized an eight-year, $64M contract extension. Done deal, to be officially official tomorrow.

Just in: Ottawa Senators may face lawsuit over the Randy Lee harassment arrest in Buffalo. The teen complainant's family has retained a top civil lawyer. Story up soon.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/sens-may-face-lawsuit-over-randy-lee-harassment-case-family-of-teen-complainant-hires-top-civil-lawyer

Edited by Brawndo

@NHLJets

The #NHLJets have acquired Nicolas Kerdiles from the @AnaheimDucks in exchange for Chase De Leo.

@TheFourthPeriod

The SJ Sharks and Logan Couture have finalized an eight-year, $64M contract extension. Done deal, to be officially official tomorrow.

The next time I hear someone say ROR's contract is too big...

Per a bunch of people on Twitter, Sabres pushing hard for JVR...

:unsure:

Please tell me these people on Twitter are as credible as Hockeyyinsiderrrrrrrrrrr. Please. I can't handle dumping another boatload of cash on a soon to be 30 good but not great winger.

Per John Buccigross

It’s 5 years 7 Million AAV.

Bullet Dodged

Because I hate the Flyers, rather than a bullet dodged, I like to think of it as the bullet hitting the right target :)

JvR is 29... He will be 34 when his contract expires. Across the past 3 NHL seasons only 19 NHL wingers have played an age 34 season. Only 3 of them scored 20+ goals. Nobody else topped 13. Only 4 of them topped 40+ pts (this includes all of the 20+ goal scorers). 16%!

Let's hope so.  I share your disdain but the Flyers are putting together quite the roster.  Courtouier (sic) is quite the player.  I hope JVR is the poison pill that kills them. 

Ps.  Hope all is well.

So much for all our worry, good call Brawndo.

Paging Flagg to the unsubstantiated rumor mill

Or good call Derrico. Oh thanks Charlie. Blue, don’t old jbott in bad light. Rumours were probably bs they were pushing hard.

Or good call Derrico. Oh thanks Charlie. Blue, don’t old jbott in bad light. Rumours were probably bs they were pushing hard.

I got a bottle of Jameo and MXC on I can't keep track of things right now

Does JVR to Philly make them more or less likely to trade for ROR?

They still have tons of cap space, and enough young depth to flip a prospect or two.

They have a lot of key guys -Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, JVR - in ROR’s window.

Does JVR to Philly make them more or less likely to trade for ROR?

They still have tons of cap space, and enough young depth to flip a prospect or two.

They have a lot of key guys -Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, JVR - in ROR’s window.

Less they have Couturier, a ROR clone and younger