Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

The whole glowing Stanley Cup thing, it’s like choirs of angels or something.

Hoss and the politics thread on the same day? What’s next GoDD’s lifetime ban forgiven so he can post about how he was right about Bylsma all along?

Hoss and the politics thread on the same day? What’s next GoDD’s lifetime ban forgiven so he can post about how he was right about Bylsma all along?

I promise this was a coincidence. I had been lurking for a few days trying to get my hockey fix, but I miss engaging a bit.

Wait, how was Drane right? He hitched his wagon to Murray and Bylsma, both of whom sucked. The attempt to build a heavy team in the LA mold was a miserable failure, and we're still living with its consequences (I'm looking at you, Bogo and Okposo).

So when is something interesting going to happen?

NHL Network has been reporting Tavares was supposed to inform the Islanders today of his decision, but guess that didn't work out.

At this point everyone has him heading to Toronto. Cap hell is nice for them, but Tavares - Matthews as 1/2 centers just isn't something I ever wanna see

Wait, how was Drane right? He hitched his wagon to Murray and Bylsma, both of whom sucked. The attempt to build a heavy team in the LA mold was a miserable failure, and we're still living with its consequences (I'm looking at you, Bogo and Okposo).

I'll never forget Dranes Byslma thread :lol:

Dude.

Welcome back!

Swamp! Hey hi hello, hope all is well.

I don't want to derail the thread -- so I'll give my two cents on O'Reilly... trade him

I think this for several reasons that others have probably said 20 times:

1. You can't just keep the same core and hope they'll lead the youth to a winning future.

2. They're not going to truly contend for several years, at which point ROR will be a $7.5M third-line center likely getting to the end of his prime.

3. I'm bored and want to see what JBots can do.

Who said Drane was right?

I just said he would post about how he was right.

Don't get the time to catch up on hockey much with work and family so sorry if this was reported somewhere.

Signing Carter Hutton at beginning of free agency http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/report-goalie-carter-hutton-likely-to-sign-with-sabres/

I am liking what Jbots been coking..

Jeez, now Bogo is corrupting the management...

So has the possibility of an O’Reilly trade basically come down to whoever blinks first, Botterill or Armstrong? Botterill holding out for Parayko or Thomas, Army saying no.

Because the other obvious partners have dwindled.

Montreal doesn’t have the pieces. Carolina and Calgary traded with each other.

Columbus, Minnesota and the Flyers have the pieces but I don’t know if they have the desire.

Maybe the Islanders if they lose Tavares?

It’s possible the bonus and/or July 1 is holding up a potential deal.

It’s also possible Botterill will stick to his word and isn’t moving him unless he gets a floor price

Or should we be bracing for Kyrou, Sobotka and a first?

Edited by dudacek

I don't want to derail the thread -- so I'll give my two cents on O'Reilly... trade him

1. You can't just keep the same core and hope they'll lead the youth to a winning future.

2. They're not going to truly contend for several years, at which point ROR will be a $7.5M third-line center likely getting to the end of his prime.

This is exactly what I think.  It's a difficult thing to admit - that next season we're not going to be very good (again).  I like ROR but I don't think I'm going to like the ROR in 3 years when we're ready to be very good.  

So has the possibility of an O’Reilly trade basically come down to whoever blinks first, Botterill or Armstrong? Botterill holding out for Parayko or Thomas, Army saying no.

Because the other obvious partners have dwindled.

Montreal doesn’t have the pieces. Carolina and Calgary traded with each other.

Columbus, Minnesota and the Flyers have the pieces but I don’t know if they have the desire.

Maybe the Islanders if they lose Tavares?

It’s possible the bonus and/or July 1 is holding up a potential deal.

It’s also possible Botterill will stick to his word and isn’t moving him unless he gets a floor price

Or should we be bracing for Kyrou, Sobotka and a first?

Can still do O'Reilly for Hamilton :p

Number two is bang on unless he is an important leader of the team. I'd love to see ROR in a Jets uni more than Stastny but too much cap hit. JBots should get a king's ransom for him.

@DarrenDreger

David Perron also sorting through multiple offers today.  Sounds like he has as many as 5 to consider.

@DarrenDreger

Six teams still in the bidding for Pat Maroon

@frank_seravalli

Pursuit for James van Riemsdyk has ratcheted up considerably in last 24 hours, with teams entering the fray that weren’t previously in the mix and have now become legitimate contenders.

@frank_seravalli

Pursuit for James van Riemsdyk has ratcheted up considerably in last 24 hours, with teams entering the fray that weren’t previously in the mix and have now become legitimate contenders.

So Tavares shot you down and it’s time to move on to someone else?

So if Islanders lose Tavares do they make a pitch for ROR,  who else besides Kiefer Bellows would Sabres want from the Islanders?

I don't imagine they'll be willing to part with Bellows or Beauvillier who are two names that immediately pop up. I also don't think they can/would trade either of their most-recent first rounders (Wahlstrom or Dobson).

They'd probably love to attach value to two "change-of-scenery" types in Ho-Sang and Dal Colle, but I'm not interested in either as a key piece. Brock Nelson is another guy they've been interested in moving, but he's barely younger than ROR.

The Isles have some pieces I'm interested in, but I don't think they'd part with any of them in such a move.

I don't imagine they'll be willing to part with Bellows or Beauvillier who are two names that immediately pop up. I also don't think they can/would trade either of their most-recent first rounders (Wahlstrom or Dobson).

They'd probably love to attach value to two "change-of-scenery" types in Ho-Sang and Dal Colle, but I'm not interested in either as a key piece. Brock Nelson is another guy they've been interested in moving, but he's barely younger than ROR.

The Isles have some pieces I'm interested in, but I don't think they'd part with any of them in such a move.

The price to acquire ROR should include 1-2 players you hate to part with.  Otherwise there's no point in making this trade.

So if Islanders lose Tavares do they make a pitch for ROR,  who else besides Kiefer Bellows would Sabres want from the Islanders?

If they lose Tavares their strategy moving forward has to be considerably changed. They go from trying to contend to full rebuild very fast. They'll build around their younger guys like we are now; they won't want RoR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.