Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

You're aware that he spent weeks in ICU and had all of his tangible skills eroded because of it since then, right?

Then he should've been on LTIR last season.  He wasn't. 

I'm not anti-Okposo, I'd like to see him turn it around and am willing to give him a few months to show something other than what he showed last season. 

Edited by pi2000

Then he should've been on LTIR last season.  He wasn't. 

Actually, you can't place players on LTIR for being bad. 

His hands and skating deteriorated to well below what is required to be an impact NHL player and he doesn't have the other skills needed to still have a meaningful NHL role. That doesn't mean he's still literally injured/sick/dead.

Yes and if the Sabres are taking on the dead weight that means they receive more in terms of value, not less.  Sobotka has 2 years left.  3.5 hit this year 2.725 next year per Spotrac.

Cap hit stays the same for the length of the deal.  I think it's 3.5 hit the next two years.

@buffa82

Blues also trying to dump Vladimir Sobotka on Buffalo as well. Fluid situation. We shall see. Deal would be announced on July 1. 

Again, just a possible rumor and may or may not happen, but my source is rock solid and a good dude.

Well there you have it. His dude is afterall rock solid

@buffa82

Blues also trying to dump Vladimir Sobotka on Buffalo as well. Fluid situation. We shall see. Deal would be announced on July 1.

Again, just a possible rumor and may or may not happen, but my source is rock solid and a good dude.

Don't forget he's a good dude. Means so much these days...

@buffa82

Maybe that just means he has a hard on for any trade.

Actually, you can't place players on LTIR for being bad.

His hands and skating deteriorated to well below what is required to be an impact NHL player and he doesn't have the other skills needed to still have a meaningful NHL role. That doesn't mean he's still literally injured/sick/dead.

Hold up. You just said he was bad because he was in ICU, etc etc... last summer. So they could've made an argument for LTIR because of brain injury.

But the fact was they didn't. Should they have? In hindsight, yes.

Hold up. You just said he was bad because he was in ICU, etc etc... last summer. So they could've made an argument for LTIR because of brain injury.

But the fact was they didn't. Should they have? In hindsight, yes.

pi he isn't playing with a current brain injury, he just got worse after it, possibly in part because of it, while being completely healthy. You can't LTIR that as much as either of us would like to never see him again

The Risto apologists need to understand something....   He's had the same built-in excuse for his entire career... that his assignment is simply too difficult considering his age.   

This season is it... no more excuses.    He is what the statistics say he is.     

What a bunch of crap!  Risto is the product of a horribly managed organization.  He had NO development from year 1, which is essential.  He was immediately thrown into the ring with no seasoning to the North American rink and had to be better than most everybody because he is a first rounder.  

The crap organization gave him little else to work with and he had to be the 'man'.  He is NOT what the statistics say he is....ridiculous point.

What a bunch of crap! Risto is the product of a horribly managed organization. He had NO development from year 1, which is essential. He was immediately thrown into the ring with no seasoning to the North American rink and had to be better than most everybody because he is a first rounder.

The crap organization gave him little else to work with and he had to be the 'man'. He is NOT what the statistics say he is....ridiculous point.

Actually, he's exactly what the statistics say he is. That doesn't necessarily mean he will continue to be. But right now he's a stud on the PP but is clearly in over his head playing 27 minutes per game against the best players in the league. That doesn't mean he sucks, but I think he's fairly obviously more suited to second paring duty right now.

My prediction

ROR

McCabe

for

Parayko

1st rounder 2019

Sobotka

This would be awful. Makes us worth in the near term and not much long term upside. Plus we already have 2 firsts next year so it's not like we're desperate to add picks.

If we're not getting Thomas or Kyrou back, why are we talking to these guys?

This would be awful. Makes us worth in the near term and not much long term upside. Plus we already have 2 firsts next year so it's not like we're desperate to add picks.

Expected no less from you. But nevertheless my prediction is no matter what we get for ROR or if we keep him the naysayers on here will have a field day. Edited by Radar

Because Colton Parayko is a stud defenseman. I can't imagine getting a better NHL player back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.