Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

So does ROR get traded today?

That Lebrun tweet seems to indicate they have today to choose whether or not to pay the bonus before they make the deal.

That’s a nice piece of flexibility.

Seems to me that if he's not traded prior to paying the bonus why rush to trade him unless it's a deal you can't refuse.

So does ROR get traded today?

That Lebrun tweet seems to indicate they have today to choose whether or not to pay the bonus before they make the deal.

That’s a nice piece of flexibility.

It's been reported by JW that the bonus has been paid.

+++++

Damn you, 11 ........

:P

Jesus man alright, ya got me. JVR and RoR are not the same age. They are in fact, a whopping 2 years apart

Thank you.  

My original thought was it's important to note - because I think ROR even at 27 is outside of the "core" age range.  Therefore I find it hard to believe they'd be interested in a 29 year old of significant expense.  

While you were still trying to say 27 and 29 is the same you made an interesting point.  "A 27 and a 29 year old are in the same competitive window".  ROR doesn't have anyone in that window with him and I think it's the only reason to trade him.  He's a really good player but we just don't have a flow to our age chart.

Kind of feeling like the Kane situation where they almost need to trade him now.  For Kane, it made some sense since he was going to be a free agent.  With O'Reilly, it does not, and only serves to hurt our negotiating position.  May not be great for him to stay with Sabres after all of the trade rumors since you would think it could hurt him as a leader/role model in the locker room if there is a sense that management wanted to trade him, particularly if there were already players who he had issues with.

I don't think this is being handled well by management and I think he is a player that should not be traded, absent reasons that none of us seem to know.

Thank you.  

My original thought was it's important to note - because I think ROR even at 27 is outside of the "core" age range.  Therefore I find it hard to believe they'd be interested in a 29 year old of significant expense.  

While you were still trying to say 27 and 29 is the same you made an interesting point.  "A 27 and a 29 year old are in the same competitive window".  ROR doesn't have anyone in that window with him and I think it's the only reason to trade him.  He's a really good player but we just don't have a flow to our age chart.

I don't believe they would trade ROR because he's older than other key members of the team. I don't think they will look at older players in free agency but there's always a chance I suppose.

Kind of feeling like the Kane situation where they almost need to trade him now.  For Kane, it made some sense since he was going to be a free agent.  With O'Reilly, it does not, and only serves to hurt our negotiating position.  May not be great for him to stay with Sabres after all of the trade rumors since you would think it could hurt him as a leader/role model in the locker room if there is a sense that management wanted to trade him, particularly if there were already players who he had issues with.

I don't think this is being handled well by management and I think he is a player that should not be traded, absent reasons that none of us seem to know.

Perhaps he's quietly asked out ?

We don't know how management is handling it. We know what fans and the media are saying and speculating.

We don't know how management is handling it. We know what fans and the media are saying and speculating.

Not necessarily.  They have roughly 5.8M of cap space left and they have several RFAs including Fabbri.  They could still make a ROR deal but they'd have to send a roster player out.  Parayko and Sobotka together is 8M, ROR is 7.5

Their GM already stated they are indeed out. Said the asking price was too high.

Still plenty of time, but I do not think keeping O'Reilly is the right move unless the offers were atrocious (and I doubt they were).

Their GM already stated they are indeed out. Said the asking price was too high.

Still plenty of time, but I do not think keeping O'Reilly is the right move unless the offers were atrocious (and I doubt they were).

ROR is the player that wins you playoff games.

He is only 2 year older than Parayko and his style of play ages very well

ROR is the player that wins you playoff games.

He is only 2 year older than Parayko and his style of play ages very well

He's been in the league for nine years and hasn't won a playoff series yet... so maybe eventually there'll be evidence to support this claim.

Now we are not talking like earlier when people seemed to think don't trade him unless it's a great deal not trade him unless the offers atrocious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.