Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Whatever happens with this trade, I'm looking forward to logging on here so you guys can tell me if it was good or not, because I have no idea anymore.

I'm positive that whatever does happen during this trade, it will not be unanimous

Whatever happens, I will be reserving my judgment until it's obvious that Botterill is done. Because I just feel like anything else would be presumptuous.

I mean, why else are we on here? I'm grabbing my torch and pitchfork and rioting until I have to apologize

Thomas is lesser ROR. Lesser in the sense he hasn't made the NHL and done what ROR has but I think ROR is his ceiling. He skates faster than ROR but I don't think by a ton. I'm not in love with Thomas to be truthful, he's just kinda okay it everything.

From what I've heard he is highly rated and projected as a #1/#2 center.

ROR is a #2 center. A 60 point #2 center playing the second toughest 5v5 minutes in the NHL. Robert Thomas hopes to be that. 

What players make sense in St Louis trade???

ROR, Nylander, and McCabe to St Louis

Parayko, Berglund, Jaskin, and conditional 2020 2nd rd to Buffalo (2nd becomes a 1st if Nylander scores 15+ goals in either of next two years)

If This was the trade I would fire Botterill immediately.  

ROR is a #2 center. A 60 point #2 center playing the second toughest 5v5 minutes in the NHL. Robert Thomas hopes to be that. 

We'd have to flip Thomas and a 1st or the two 1sts for something

No way you hate him more then I do.

Pretty sure Robviously has you both beat

Who's this?

Unless we flip the Blues and SJ 1st for an NHL player, I am not a fan. Or unless Andersson is actually something.

Edit: He's just some JAG in Sweden taken last year by the Blues. Big LHD

If this is the trade, I ###### hate it

Same actually

There's just no way that RoR and Nylander fetch that package from St.Louis. Not a chance in hell

Would you like the potential trade or not?  I'm confused....

If I am flipping Thomas and 2 1sts for something, I better be getting something pretty ###### damn good back. 

Well yeah, I'm hopeful that it is that

Would you like the potential trade or not?  I'm confused....

Not at all. But again, we could flip Thomas and a 1st or the 2 1sts for something I would like. I'm not sure that piece exists to be traded for though

I feel as highly about Thomas as I do about Mittelstadt purely by looking at rankings and stats and things like that. 

I would like Dunn coming back too in a Thomas deal, or Kyrou. Parayko would be a wet dream. 

I value speed and IQ a lot in today's NHL. I think Mittelstadt has both. I think Thomas has 1 of them

Not terribly interested in any trade with StL that does not include Parayko as their major piece to the puzzle. I won't say no to other ideas just yet, but Parayko is the piece that makes ROR going away tolerable. Or, as mentioned above, StL gives up enough choice pieces to flip for the equivalent of Parayko. Sabres need that young, top pairing RHD to solidify this defense for the next 5+ years.

If we aren’t getting a top 4 D or a top 6 winger, why are we even considering trading ROR?

I know Jbot hates TM’s players, but this is going to far to trade ROR for futures and getting zero immediate help for next year’s team.

I would consider a top 6 or so league wide prospect just as valuable as top 6 winger or even top 4 d.

I lied he was Sixth on Pronman’s Board

6. Robert Thomas, C, St. Louis

Drafted: First round, 20th overall in 2017

2017-18 team: Hamilton Bulldogs

Thomas’ development has been shooting upwards at a rocket speed the past few years, as he is now clearly one of the best players in his age group. He’s a complete player who can drive play as a center and make high-level offensive plays. He’s such an intelligent forward who sees the ice very well and understands how to use his skill and speed to create space and make plays. Every game this season I’ve watched Thomas I don’t remember a bad outing. He shows you flashes of being a dynamic player while staying committed defensively. Thomas has the potential to be an important center for the Blues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.