Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Sure Charlie do not believe me when I said he was slow. ;)

And per the report it’s rumored to be five years, which is slightly more tolerable then seven.

Mittelstadt needs a winger as well.

Hahah I was shocked cause I had always thought of him as a speedy winger. Turns out after reading some more he's basically Vanek

God dammit

Baby steps for Charlie. Baby steps

Some dude on reddit claims JVR had the highest expected goal rate out of anyone last year? He of course has nothing to back this up, and I can't find anything. Anyone know where that information is?

Your favorite site! To Corsica you go!

FWIW I glanced, and assuming the person was talking about individual xGF/60, JVR was 3rd behind Gallagher and Atkinson. He was also incredibly sheltered.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Let's wait until something more than a rumor happens before critisising.

I'll critisis all I want dammit

Your favorite site! To Corsica you go!

FWIW I glanced, and assuming the person was talking about individual xGF/60, JVR was 3rd behind Gallagher and Atkinson. He was also incredibly sheltered.

That website is so infuriating :lol:

The bold makes me value that stat a lot less

This is fair. On the other hand, assuming the reports of a hard push are true (I'd trust Mirtle on this one), it's a strike against Botterill whether JVR signs here or not.

If he signs here it’s a strike, if he doesn’t it’s because the Number Two Rated UFA chose not to go to the 31st Place Team. The latter isn’t on Botterill....yet

Is JVR slow? That makes me actually hate this then

RoR is the same age. And we just got fast Sheary for Eichel. We'd need a center for JVR if we invest that much into him

ROR is the same age as who?  Wasn't sure who you meant because he's 27 and JVR is 29.

If he signs here it’s a strike, if he doesn’t it’s because the Number Two Rated UFA chose not to go to the 31st Place Team. The latter isn’t on Botterill....yet

No, I mean the mere fact that Botterill is okay with dumping a giant contract on a good-but-not-great winger until he's 36 that's the strike. I'm criticizing Botterill for having interest, not for failing to land him.

No, I mean the mere fact that Botterill is okay with dumping a giant contract on a good-but-not-great winger until he's 36 that's the strike. I'm criticizing Botterill for having interest, not for failing to land him.

Gotcha.

The only silver lining is the original report said it could be for five years, which would mean less of a drop off at the end.

Expecting I'll be disappointed tomorrow. The pipe dream of Tavares is, unsurprisingly, dead. But so apparently is the Beagle hope as well. Not enamored w/ Hutton either. Would much rather work a deal w/ Washington for their excess of goaltending capital.

IF O'Reilly really will be gone by Tuesday, would like to land Stastny but w/ the moves the Jets made expect he's going to stay there.

Not wanting Van Riemsdyk (though his name being one of the saddest headlines ever is kind of fun ;)) & expect that w/ all the other D moves that the DeHaan dream is dead too.

After Randall big long post about click bait I'm also a believer. Don't care who it is, I think they all want to be in the know and click bait. I'll believe what happens if and when it happens and not giving these 'insider's anything.

ROR turned 27 in February.  It's not that close in terms of saying they're the same age.

How many minutes have they played respectively?

Haven't looked it up, but would be surprised if the 27 y.o. hasn't been ridden significantly harder.

In "hockey years" they're likely close.

As are a 25 year old and 27 year old and thus a 25 year old and a 29 year old. You might be losing me with this one. 2 years is 2 years. It can be an awful lot in athlete longevity time.

No the transitive property does not apply here

Hoss just listed the Islanders players in the same competitive window. 2 year age difference is not big in terms of a competition window

No the transitive property does not apply here

Hoss just listed the Islanders players in the same competitive window. 2 year age difference is not big in terms of a competition window

Not in year 1, but in year 3 when it's 29 v 31, that is a pretty big difference. 

https://hockey-graphs.com/2017/03/23/a-new-look-at-aging-curves-for-nhl-skaters-part-1/

https://hockey-graphs.com/2017/04/10/a-new-look-at-aging-curves-for-nhl-skaters-part-2/

I'm not arguing the level of play falls off, that's obvious. But no team has a core of players all within 1 year of each other

Expecting I'll be disappointed tomorrow. The pipe dream of Tavares is, unsurprisingly, dead. But so apparently is the Beagle hope as well. Not enamored w/ Hutton either. Would much rather work a deal w/ Washington for their excess of goaltending capital.

IF O'Reilly really will be gone by Tuesday, would like to land Stastny but w/ the moves the Jets made expect he's going to stay there.

Not wanting Van Riemsdyk (though his name being one of the saddest headlines ever is kind of fun ;)) & expect that w/ all the other D moves that the DeHaan dream is dead too.

Unfortunately Washington is in perfect position on goaltending and does not need to or probably doesn’t want to make any moves. Holtby has two years left at 6.1 Million AAV, Copley is one year 650k and Samsonov is on his ELC and will be the starter in Hershey.

A perfect setup

Edited by Brawndo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.