Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Ok but how does that help us next season? Is either Thomas or Mittelstadt even close to being ready to take over any of ROR’s duties?

I want to start winning bad.  I really do.  But I want this damn thing turned around the right way and in a sustainable way.  Tim Murray was always trying to improve the team based on the upcoming season and it set us back atleast 3 years IMO.

@BHCdotcom

This is from @TheDraftAnalyst "Anton Andersson - He skates well and can play physically, but his puck management and reads are brutal. He’s nothing more than a long-term project who could turn into a decent bottom-pair option if he can sharpen his decision making." #Sabres #Blues

Thanks

@BHCdotcom
This is from @TheDraftAnalyst "Anton Andersson - He skates well and can play physically, but his puck management and reads are brutal. He’s nothing more than a long-term project who could turn into a decent bottom-pair option if he can sharpen his decision making." #Sabres #Blues

I have no interest in a long term project who is a LHD from Sweden. We have 5 of them already. 

Every scouting report on Thomas I have read has mentioned both of those as strengths.  Where are you seeing that he is not a + skater?

http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/04/23/robert-thomas-scouting-report-2017-nhl-draft-24/

But, he looked plenty fast here

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2017-nhl-draft-headquarters/2017-draft-profiles/c-robert-thomas/

He does remind you a lot of a slower Casey

I want to start winning bad.  I really do.  But I want this damn thing turned around the right way and in a sustainable way.  Tim Murray was always trying to improve the team based on the upcoming season and it set us back atleast 3 years IMO.

If you get a Parayko you are doing both, you make our top 4 better now and for the next 5-7 years.

The difference is this is a hockey trade ROR for Parayko (a proven top 4 D) and pieces where the team actually gets a little younger and adds more prospects to the pipeline for the future vs a TM deal which was sacrifice the future for the prayer of immediate returns.

@frank_seravalli

Sounds like #Hawks renewed efforts to move Marian Hossa’s contract in last few days. Hossa, 39, has three years remaining at $5.25 million in one of those back-diving deals and league proved his medical condition worthy of LTIR exception this season.

@frank_seravalli

Sounds like #Hawks renewed efforts to move Marian Hossa’s contract in last few days. Hossa, 39, has three years remaining at $5.25 million in one of those back-diving deals and league proved his medical condition worthy of LTIR exception this season.

Oh Hi Arizona

If you get a Parayko you are doing both, you make our top 4 better now and for the next 5-7 years.

The difference is this is a hockey trade ROR for Parayko (a proven top 4 D) and pieces where the team actually gets a little younger and adds more prospects to the pipeline for the future vs a TM deal which was sacrifice the future for the prayer of immediate returns.

I agree that I would rather Parayko but that's mainly due to position.  I haven't watched a second of Thomas (although maybe I did during WJC) but any prospect ranked 6th overall is someone that should be a top 6 forward very soon.  From what I've read, Blues fans think he's ready for full time this season.

Pi, is that you :nana:

TRpm is what really matters.... and if IIRC, Okposo's TRpm was somewhere in the high minus teens..... God awful on a last place team... he was the biggest anchor.

That said, I'll give him 2 months to turn it around, because his history dictates he should be much much better than he was last season.

I think Thomas lacks top end speed, but he has good short-area burst and agility. Good forechecker.

Coupled with his IQ, he plays a fast game. Different game overall, but like Danny Briere in that area.

Blues fans are pencilling him as their 3rd line centre this year and seem to regard him like we regard Casey.

I’d say both are overrated by their fanbases, but still among the best prospects outside the NHL.

TRpm is what really matters.... and if IIRC, Okposo's TRpm was somewhere in the high minus teens..... God ###### awful on a last place team... he was the biggest anchor.

That said, I'll give him 2 months to turn it around, because his history dictates he should be much much better than he was last season.

Which history do you refer to?

I lied he was Sixth on Pronman’s Board

6. Robert Thomas, C, St. Louis

Drafted: First round, 20th overall in 2017

2017-18 team: Hamilton Bulldogs

Thomas’ development has been shooting upwards at a rocket speed the past few years, as he is now clearly one of the best players in his age group. He’s a complete player who can drive play as a center and make high-level offensive plays. He’s such an intelligent forward who sees the ice very well and understands how to use his skill and speed to create space and make plays. Every game this season I’ve watched Thomas I don’t remember a bad outing. He shows you flashes of being a dynamic player while staying committed defensively. Thomas has the potential to be an important center for the Blues.

Must be that's why some of our board members don't want him.(sarcasm). Again, I like ROR and hate to see him traded but if it's going to happen Thomas is what sounds like the type of prospect we would gun for. Have to wait and see if there is a deal exactly who is involved.

Chris Peters on WGR just said that ROR would not get you Robert Thomas straight up

By what I've read he is thought of that highly by the Blues organization. The only thing is the Blues are in a win now mode and might look at ROR as filling the need now and yet not that old. His contract is also a factor. It's one that some teams won't or can't take on.

Edited by Radar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.