Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Good Stuff, thanks for sharing

So does Botterill wait for JT to sign or does he take the best deal now

He would probably know what kind of contingency offers are out there if a team does not sign JT.  Still, his best move is to wait because he'll have the hot commodity once JT signs.

He would probably know what kind of contingency offers are out there if a team does not sign JT.  Still, his best move is to wait because he'll have the hot commodity once JT signs.

His best move is to keep O'Reilly unless an offer absolutely bowls him over.

He would probably know what kind of contingency offers are out there if a team does not sign JT. Still, his best move is to wait because he'll have the hot commodity once JT signs.

Yep I agree with this. Probably best to wait for the big domino to fall. Although the only real team I could see making a push if they miss out is San Jose. My guess is the much reported rumours around St. Louis ends up winning out.

Also this.

I know your preference on that.  I'm undecided mostly because I don't know the situation.  I think if they move ROR for less than anticipated value (ours or the medias) then you have to think he was a bigger team chemistry issue than we suspected.  If they don't move him then I think we have to believe that the situation isn't as bad as we suspect.

To me though, with his name being featured so prominently I have to think that he is going to get moved and, while it may be less than what we the fans want for him, it will improve the team.

Sabel 79 shared a tweet from John Wawrow that the Sabres have paid the bonus.

@PierreVLeBrun

The Blues are still interested in ROR; to some degree the Habs as well among other teams. The Sabres' believed ask of a 1st, 2nd and top prospect or young player still too rich for some ... Teams don't think ROR will be dealt once bonus is paid by Sabres

@PierreVLeBrun

The Blues are still interested in ROR; to some degree the Habs as well among other teams. The Sabres' believed ask of a 1st, 2nd and top prospect or young player still too rich for some ... Teams don't think ROR will be dealt once bonus is paid by Sabres

Posturing by all parties involved

Sabel 79 shared a tweet from John Wawrow that the Sabres have paid the bonus.

Yep.. saw that.  That's just business.  If there was a trade for ROR prior to the bonus being signed it would have happened already.

Teams want to know about JT and they wanted to know about Stastny because those are known situations.  Once those settle out (Stastny to VGK) then I think the ROR sweepstakes run.  There might be a delay with Bozak as well, but I would imagine that ROR is a heavily preferred option over Bozak.

Those teams can ###### off. That's a rental winger price for a 1/2C with a good contract.

Who?

@frank_seravalli
Who really knows what happens with O’Reilly, but some thought that #Sabres mentioned to free agents on pitches to not plan on ROR being around next season. We’ll see.

Pretty sure this guy has been slinging a ton of bullsht lately, but regardless here it is

Who?

@frank_seravalli

Who really knows what happens with O’Reilly, but some thought that #Sabres mentioned to free agents on pitches to not plan on ROR being around next season. We’ll see.

Pretty sure this guy has been slinging a ton of bullsht lately, but regardless here it is

The teams that say a likely late 1st, 2nd, and prospect is too much. Freaking 20 games of Hanzal got like 3/4 that haul.

If you only want to pay 1-1.5 more pieces than what deadline crap Rich Nash got then go eff urself

The teams that say a likely late 1st, 2nd, and prospect is too much. Freaking 20 games of Hanzal got like 3/4 that haul.

If you only want to pay 1-1.5 more pieces than what deadline crap Rich Nash got then go eff urself

I think you need to eat a Snickers...

I agree, and I hope Botterill agrees. I might absolutely be fooling myself into just feeling better, but I increasingly feel that if Botterill was going to accept a pupu platter for O'Reilly, he'd have done so by now. It'll be a good trade, or no trade.*

*I reserve the right to completely reverse this position if a trade is made and I don't like it :lol;

I think you need to eat a Snickers...

Yea, but who doesn't?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.