Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

The actual lottery draw... the process begins around the 7min mark with the opening of the briefcases.

https://www.nhl.com/video/inside-the-draft-lottery-drawing/t-277350912/c-60176003

Many of us have seen it, but no worries. If you hadn't seen that, then you may have also missed someone's breakdown of how close the Blackhawks were to winning the lottery:

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrisonbacon/status/991512826656296961?s=21

ball 11.

^

@BradleyGelber

11+6=17.
17 year playoff drought ended.
During the '17 season.
Josh Allen selected (rd) 1 (#) 7.
Will wear number 17.

++

And that is to say nothing of the significance of the #11 for Buffalo sports -- the Perreault lottery and number, Norwood's number.

So we know it’s gonn be Dahlin but I would like to know who they are targeting in the rest of the draft. Buffalo has to start hitting in rounds 2-7. If Botterill is going to fix this mess then they need to find gems throughout the draft.

Completely agree.  However, we may start finding out soon if we have hit on some 2nd/3rd rounders this coming year.  Guhle will likely be on the Sabres and I've very interested to find out how Asplund, Borgen and Pu look in Roch. 

Ofcourse there are no guarentees but those guys (maybe add in an Oloffson from a few drafts ago) and there is some potential in that group.

Brian Duff Interviewed Director of Central Scouting Dan Marr at the Combine

Duff: How long has he been on scouts Radar?

Marr: Three full years that’s and that’s above par, but he still continues to show you more every time you see him play. The last player I said that about was Connor McDavid

I need a moment

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1006208185173020677?s=21

He was also asked the Top 5 Swedes of All Time.

Marr response was Lindstrom, Sundin, Karlsson, Hedman and that you need to add Dahlin to this list

Edited by Brawndo

If he played in the CJHL of your choice, he would be as hyped as Connor McDavid. Hell if he he was a forward he would be as hyped. There hasn't been a defender like him enter the league maybe ever. Size, work ethic, skating, hands, IQ. The only thing he has that isn't elite is his shot. I can live with him having to work on 1 thing. 

Marr: Three full years that’s and that’s above par, but he still continues to show you more every time you see him play. The last player I said that about was Connor McDavid

I need a moment

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1006208185173020677?s=21

Marr response was Lindstrom, Sundin, Karlsson, Hedman and that you need to add Dahlin to this list

He's already better than Forsberg? When's the HHOF ceremony?

If he played in the CJHL of your choice, he would be as hyped as Connor McDavid. Hell if he he was a forward he would be as hyped. There hasn't been a defender like him enter the league maybe ever. Size, work ethic, skating, hands, IQ. The only thing he has that isn't elite is his shot. I can live with him having to work on 1 thing. 

This isn't true, McDavid had at least 3 traits which were already the best in the world. Dahlin is great at most things, but this isn't close to the case for any individual trait. 

He's already better than Forsberg? When's the HHOF ceremony?

Beat me to it.  Forsberg is #1 on the list.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.