Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

This isn't true, McDavid had at least 3 traits which were already the best in the world. Dahlin is great at most things, but this isn't close to the case for any individual trait.

Hockey sense? Puckhandling? Stretch passes?

He's already better than Forsberg? When's the HHOF ceremony?

This isn't true, McDavid had at least 3 traits which were already the best in the world. Dahlin is great at most things, but this isn't close to the case for any individual trait.

Oh lord, don't bring ur hf fight over here.

I don’t think McDavid was the best at anything entering into the league other than skating. Which is still remarkable.

Hockey IQ is not something I'm going to attempt to argue for, but the hands didn't change drastically between then and now, and nobody comes within an order of magnitude IMO.

This happened in his first season a period after 30 straight games missed due to injury, probably as rusty as a hockey player can be. Pat Kane ain't got nothin. 

This happened in his first season a period after 30 straight games missed due to injury, probably as rusty as a hockey player can be. Pat Kane ain't got nothin. 

Lmao McDavid may be better in almost everything than everyone else, but he does not have better hands than Patty Kane.

I remember that goal. An exceptionally brutal play from the D takes something away from it. Not kidding.

He has fantastic hands, but I think Kane’s are still better.

I’m of the belief McDavid’s NHL IQ could not have been at Crosby’s level upon entering the league, and may not even be quite there yet, all sides of the game considered.

Edit: I would make a better play than #44 there. Also not kidding about that.

Edited by Thorny

Kane can mayyyyyyyyyyyybe stickhandle through a crapload of pucks like that commercial quicker. Maybe. Debatable. 

In an NHL game with players around him, nobody touches McDavid at any time he's existed in the NHL.

That’s only because Tim Connolly is retired.

Kane can mayyyyyyyyyyyybe stickhandle through a crapload of pucks like that commercial quicker. Maybe. Debatable. 

In an NHL game with players around him, nobody touches McDavid at any time he's existed in the NHL.

Sure you could put the same video together of Kane

At this point you're just making me hate him more

So much of what makes McDavid a phenomenal stickhandler is his edgework and skating. That’s not to take away from it, but it’s difficult to isolate these skills.

I’ve still never seen purely slicker mitts than Kane.

I take Kane in a phone booth.

Edited by Thorny

I don't mean the videos to be an argument so much as a treat for us to look at as hockey fans. 

You're a better man than I, Flagg. I look at McDavid as a terrible ex. I will forever hate that kid

Matthews I think is just the trailer trash down the street who somehow won a scholarship from making a half court shot

Completely agree.  However, we may start finding out soon if we have hit on some 2nd/3rd rounders this coming year.  Guhle will likely be on the Sabres and I've very interested to find out how Asplund, Borgen and Pu look in Roch. 

Ofcourse there are no guarentees but those guys (maybe add in an Oloffson from a few drafts ago) and there is some potential in that group.

Don't forget Weissbach,  had almost as much points in his rookie year as our lord and saviour mittelstadt.

If he played in the CJHL of your choice, he would be as hyped as Connor McDavid. Hell if he he was a forward he would be as hyped. There hasn't been a defender like him enter the league maybe ever. Size, work ethic, skating, hands, IQ. The only thing he has that isn't elite is his shot. I can live with him having to work on 1 thing. 

The best thing about Dahlin is he'll keep working on all of that. This kid won't rest on his laurels.

You're a better man than I, Flagg. I look at McDavid as a terrible ex. I will forever hate that kid

Matthews I think is just the trailer trash down the street who somehow won a scholarship from making a half court shot

:lol:

Lidstrom was a great player for longer, but Forsberg at his peak was freaking transcendent and very close to Gretzky, Messier and Mario.

It's a tough one.  I'd call Lidstrom the greatest defenseman of his generation.  Meanwhile, I'm not so sure that Forsberg was even the best forward on his own team at any given point.  It may not be fair to hold Joe Sakic against him when talking about all-time swedes, but on top of that, his window was so short.  It would be like including Terrell Davis on a list of all time great RBs.

I'll admit to having a Nik Lidstrom bias though.  He didn't win a single Norris trophy until he was 31 years old but still wound up with 7 of them.  It's a crazy stat.  If he had gotten a little more acknowledgment earlier in his career, he winds up with more than Orr (granted his was a short career).  He kept getting second place in the voting over and over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.