Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

Mike Morreale was on GR this AM.

Said during his interview Dahlin asked him a lot of questions about Housley.

Morreale also mentioned he believes that Dahlin would still have gone first overall if he was a forward

I, too, also have a lot of questions about Housley.

I think you're taking this whole "questions about Housley" thing too far.  Do you know what kind of questions he was asking?  Just because he's curious about his new coach does not mean he's questioning his ability.

It also doesn't mean he's NOT questioning his ability.

I think you're taking this whole "questions about Housley" thing too far.  Do you know what kind of questions he was asking?  Just because he's curious about his new coach does not mean he's questioning his ability.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t.

He’s just curious about his new boss.

I have a question about Housley. Is he still the best D-Man at at sabres practice every day? Offensively, that is. Phyllis never could hit, but surely he can still skate and pass better than any of our defensemen.

Curious to find out why he still has a job.  

He accomplished his job in spades this year.  We secured Dahlin, didn't we?  No matter where Dahlin would have gone, it would be to a team at the bottom of the standings and there would be questions about the organ EYE zation. 

I think the Sabres record was worse than their actual point performance, owing to a lousy shooting percentage and a goalie that couldn't win a shootout.  With a bit more talent, a coach that isn't starting from scratch this time, and players more familiar with the system at the beginning of the season, I think the Sabres are primed for improvement this fall.

I have a question about Housley. Is he still the best D-Man at at sabres practice every day? Offensively, that is. Phyllis never could hit, but surely he can still skate and pass better than any of our defensemen.

Yes.  Until the first pick of the draft, that is.

I'm sure there were some who did.

People used to say a lot of things.

Yes, the expression hit him with your purse Phyllis was yelled down from the oranges at the Aud many a times. And yet the same blowhards that shouted the phrase would cheer wildly when he scored.

Yes, the expression hit him with your purse Phyllis was yelled down from the oranges at the Aud many a times. And yet the same blowhards that shouted the phrase would cheer wildly when he scored.

Must have been fun back then complaining after a loss over some Genny Cream pounders in a crappy bar somewhere because they didn't have an online forum to namelessly call other fans and players idiots, losers etc etc.

Must have been fun back then complaining after a loss over some Genny Cream pounders in a crappy bar somewhere because they didn't have an online forum to namelessly call other fans and players idiots, losers etc etc.

The Best of Times.

The Before Time

The time before Sabrespace....

If he’s not generational, then the standards are a smidge too exacting.

Or biased 

I was 10 didn’t spend much time in bars then

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.