Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

Forsberg was a player who could bring the flash and style to a team.... but not for an extended period of time.

Lidstrom was the foundation for the Red Wings.  He made that entire team better by being on the ice for half the game (or more) every night and basically shutting down every player who played against him.

I would take Lidstrom over Forsberg any day.  I can find a collection of forwards to score goals, but to find a D who so thoroughly shut down the opponent like Lidstrom did.... that's rare.

And yet he gets outscored by Matt Donovan.   

So you are upset that a 27yr old man outscored a 17 year old boy? Further you are upset a guy who played 52 games scored 7 more assists than a player who only played 41 games? Further you are upset that a 27yr old man who played more games and scored 7 more assists, only scored 0.031ppg more than the 17yr old boy in his first pro season? You are upset that a 27yr old man who scored 0 points in 6 playoffs games was outscored by the 17yr old boy who had 3 points in 6 games? You are upset that if I add in their playoff points that a 27yr old man had a ppg of 0.466 but the 17yr old boy you claim he outscored had a ppg of 0.489 or was 0.023 better overall than the guy you claimed outscored him? Is that really the argument you want to make? 

What a weak, lazy, un-researched take. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

And yet he gets outscored by Matt Donovan.   

So you are upset that a 27yr old man outscored a 17 year old boy? Further you are upset a guy who played 52 games scored 7 more assists than a player who only played 41 games? Further you are upset that a 27yr old man who played more games and scored 7 more assists, only scored 0.031ppg more than the 17yr old boy in his first pro season? 

bxeAwbN.png

Unfortunately so do weak, lazy, un-researched takes.

Meh whatever

I would think that with your history of needing to take breaks from the interactions here that you would more actively try to avoid provoking those interactions.

So you are upset that a 27yr old man outscored a 17 year old boy? Further you are upset a guy who played 52 games scored 7 more assists than a player who only played 41 games? Further you are upset that a 27yr old man who played more games and scored 7 more assists, only scored 0.031ppg more than the 17yr old boy in his first pro season? You are upset that a 27yr old man who scored 0 points in 6 playoffs games was outscored by the 17yr old boy who had 3 points in 6 games? You are upset that if I add in their playoff points that a 27yr old man had a ppg of 0.466 but the 17yr old boy you claim he outscored had a ppg of 0.489 or was 0.023 better overall than the guy you claimed outscored him? Is that really the argument you want to make? 

I simply stated a fact.  Rasmus Dahlin was outscored by Matt Donovan.   That's not a "take", that's a fact.    And it didn't take much research, just looked at hockeydb.

You want to compare Dahlin to Lidstrom and Forsbeg?   Fine.    Statistically he produced less than Matt Donovan.    Like or not, that's the truth. 

If he's Forsberg and Lidstrom wrapped into one super prospect, then I find it hard to believe that prospect would get out produced by a 27 year-old Matt Donovan.

Nobody was statistically close to McDavid or even Eichel in their final amateur seasons.     So until I see some evidence, Rasmus Dahlin is just the Great Swedish Hope.   There's nothing tangible to grab hold of except for "he skates like X", or " he sees the game like Y"... etc etc...  it's all conjecture at this point.  

I simply stated a fact.  Rasmus Dahlin was outscored by Matt Donovan.   That's not a "take", that's a fact.    And it didn't take much research, just looked at hockeydb.

You want to compare Dahlin to Lidstrom and Forsbeg?   Fine.    Statistically he produced less than Matt Donovan.    Like or not, that's the truth. 

If he's Forsberg and Lidstrom wrapped into one super prospect, then I find it hard to believe that prospect would get out produced by a 27 year-old Matt Donovan.

Nobody was statistically close to McDavid or even Eichel in their final amateur seasons.     So until I see some evidence, Rasmus Dahlin is just the Great Swedish Hope.   There's nothing tangible to grab hold of except for "he skates like X", or " he sees the game like Y"... etc etc...  it's all conjecture at this point.  

100% of the people who eat pickles die...

Why do people continue eating pickles.. it's insane.

But more importantly..

You want to play the comparison game... Peter Forsberg, in 1990, playing for Modo was outscored by Erik Holmberg, Ulf Odmark, Ingemar Strom, Hans Lodin, Jorgen Eriksson, Ari Salo... a true bevy of Hall of Fame hockey talent.  Man, no one should have believed in Forsberg when he was drafted.

100% of the people who eat pickles die...

Why do people continue eating pickles.. it's insane.

But more importantly..

You want to play the comparison game... Peter Forsberg, in 1990, playing for Modo was outscored by Erik Holmberg, Ulf Odmark, Ingemar Strom, Hans Lodin, Jorgen Eriksson, Ari Salo... a true bevy of Hall of Fame hockey talent. Man, no one should have believed in Forsberg when he was drafted.

I have never eaten a pickle! Ever! I am immortal!!!

Either your one of the most negative people here or your fishing for reactions. Now you're negative on a person who is one of the most highly rated prospects in the past decades. You call into talk shows?

1) I simply stated a fact.  Rasmus Dahlin was outscored by Matt Donovan.   That's not a "take", that's a fact.    And it didn't take much research, just looked at hockeydb.

You want to compare 2) Dahlin to Lidstrom and Forsbeg?   Fine.    3) Statistically he produced less than Matt Donovan.    Like or not, that's the truth.

If he's Forsberg and Lidstrom wrapped into one super prospect, 4) then I find it hard to believe that prospect would get out produced by a 27 year-old Matt Donovan.

1) It's literally not a fact. Rasmus Dahlin's points per game last season is higher than Matt Donovan's. 

2) I have compared him to Lidstrom because Lidstrom compared Dahlin to himself. I am not the one comparing him to Forsberg. 

3) Rasmus Dahlin's points per game last season is higher than Matt Donovan's when you account for all of the SHL games they played, so it's more like an alternative fact aka not a fact. 

4) Rasmus Dahlin's ppg was higher than Donovan's. To be precise it was 0.489 compared to 0.466. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

The only way you can reach the conclusion that Matt Donovan is somehow superior in scoring to Dahlin is if you look at raw numbers and completely ignore games played which would be a good way to use "statistics" badly. 

Donovan scored 27points in 58 games 0.466ppg

Dahlin scored 23points in 47 games 0.489ppg

1) It's literally not a fact. Rasmus Dahlin's points per game last season is higher than Matt Donovan's. 

2) I have compared him to Lidstrom because Lidstrom compared Dahlin to himself. I am not the one comparing him to Forsberg. 

3) Rasmus Dahlin's points per game last season is higher than Matt Donovan's when you account for all of the SHL games they played, so it's more like an alternative fact aka not a fact. 

4) Rasmus Dahlin's ppg was higher than Donovan's. To be precise it was 0.489 compared to 0.466. 

1) I said Donovan outscored Dahlin... and he did.   I'm not talking about PPG. 

2)  Sorry, that was dudacek who compared him to Forsbeg+Lidstrom. 

3) True. 

4) Wow, that's an eye-popping 0.023 more points per game than Matt Donovan.   Elite status confirmed.  

The only way you can reach the conclusion that Matt Donovan is somehow superior in scoring to Dahlin is if you look at raw numbers and completely ignore games played which would be a good way to use "statistics" badly. 

Donovan scored 27points in 58 games 0.466ppg

Dahlin scored 23points in 47 games 0.489ppg

So you're saying Dahlin is a whopping 0.023 ppg better than Matt Donovan..... and somehow that translates to generational prospect?  OK, lol.

Anyway, I'm kidding, I think Dahlin is one of the best D prospects to come around in the past 20 years or so.... but I'm not buying the idea that he's a can't miss prospect, because there's no tangible evidence...... yet.    

I'm desperate for a savior. Fill up my cup because I'm here to drink some Koolaid.

I just hope Dahlin has the Soupy spin-o-rama in his bag of tricks. That move never gets old.

Edited by Beer

1) I said Donovan outscored Dahlin... and he did. I'm not talking about PPG.

2) Sorry, that was dudacek who compared him to Forsbeg+Lidstrom.

3) True.

4) Wow, that's an eye-popping 0.023 more points per game than Matt Donovan. Elite status confirmed.

So you're saying Dahlin is a whopping 0.023 ppg better than Matt Donovan..... and somehow that translates to generational prospect? OK, lol.

Anyway, I'm kidding, I think Dahlin is one of the best D prospects to come around in the past 20 years or so.... but I'm not buying the idea that he's a can't miss prospect, because there's no tangible evidence...... yet.

You think a 27 year old man is the same as a 17 year old kid. Love how you're changing the argument now. Dahlin is better then Matt Donovan. Dahlin is can't miss. Edited by Skurk Liger

• 1 year later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.