Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

When it was announced I was pumped and screamed like a 13 year old girl, but watching this video for the first time in about a month reminded me just how incredible this is. HOLY ###### !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen one Dahlin highlight, and I don't think I'm going to start now. I want to see it in the NHL. Been burned too many times. Since we're apparently not going to have a spring, maybe we can skip summer and go right to October.

Stopping by to say that I'm still excited.

Did your doctor ever call back?

:lol:

I’d rather have Dahlin and Eichel than McDavid and Ekblad.

Yeah. I dunno. Someone on GR said that this morning -- well, he said this was the lottery to win over even the McDavid lottery. That's fairly insane, IMHO.

Edited by PASabreFan

We still have a lot of work to do to put a contender, even just for the playoffs, on the ice.

But when you're talking two pieces under 24 to build a franchise with, is there a single team you'd switch Eichel/Dahlin with?

Their competition:

McDavid/Draisaitl, or McDavid/Klefbom

Matthews/Marner, or Matthews/Nylander

MacKinnon/Rantanen, or MacKinnon/Makar

Laine/Trouba

Barkov/Ekblad

Jones/Werenski

Kucherov/Sergachev

Pettersson/Boeser or Horvat/Boeser

Gaudreau/Hamilton or Gaudreau/Monahan or Monahan/Hamilton

Montreal's 3rd overall pick/Drouin or Montreal's 3rd/Galchenyuk :lol:

White/Chabot for Ottawa

Barzal/Beaullivier?

Keller/Strome or Keller/Chychrun

Parayko/Fabbri

Aho/Slavin, Svechnikov/Slavin

Patrick/Provorov

McAvoy/DeBrusk

on and on

There's not a single under 24 duo that I would trade Eichel/Dahlin for. That's a helluva foundation, Jason. Do something with it.

You could probably talk me into McDavid/Draisaitl, but I wouldn't just reflexively take it. Eichel/Dahlin is absolutely the best forward/defense foundation in the league. I really don't even think Kucherov/Sergachev comes close.

One thing is for sure: I'll be watching a lot more hockey next season than I did this one.

I haven't seen one Dahlin highlight, and I don't think I'm going to start now. I want to see it in the NHL. Been burned too many times. Since we're apparently not going to have a spring, maybe we can skip summer and go right to October.

Did your doctor ever call back?

Yeah. I dunno. Someone on GR said that this morning -- well, he said this was the lottery to win over even the McDavid lottery. That's fairly insane, IMHO.

Still waiting.  

If we can avoid injuries, how much different will it be to watch the Sabres this year?  How many speedy players are we adding?  Dahlin and Mittelstadt are the big names, but adding Guhle last year completely changed the team's look at times (I'm thinking of the CBJ game with Ullmark).  Then you have role players like Bailey and Baptiste.  Plus, speed in the minors that could make a cameo appearance (Pu, Asplund, Borgen, Olofsson, etc.).

Watching the Sabres could be fun again very soon.  Hard to believe, but if we won the lottery, anything's possible. 

It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say

Sunshine she's here, you can take a break

I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space

With the air, like I don't care baby by the way

Huh, because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you know what happiness is to you

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Here come bad news, talking this and that

(Yeah) Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back

(Yeah) Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine

(Yeah) No offense to you, don't waste your time

Here's why

Because I'm happy

Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof

Because I'm happy

Clap along…

I think it is safe to say that Pilut would not be signing if he was not assured a spot on the roster. If he is anywhere near as good as scouts and "experts" at Sportsnet are saying then he is very good and will also improve the defense. Makes me wonder what we do with Bogo??? Does anybody know what it would result in if we bought him out? I find it hard to believe that they really think he can make the team or even stay healthy for that matter...

NS reporting for duty.

I checked early this morning and saw that the Sabres won the lottery.

Not going to fake it ... as you guys and gals probably figured I have very mixed feelings about this.  I am a fan of the Sabres and have been all my life.  I am very happy for the fans.  This is a reward for the suffering imposed upon us.  My hope is that I will continue to work past what lead to this pick.  I am not there yet, but I will continue to support the team.  Onward ...

GO SABRES!!

I think it is safe to say that Pilut would not be signing if he was not assured a spot on the roster. If he is anywhere near as good as scouts and "experts" at Sportsnet are saying then he is very good and will also improve the defense. Makes me wonder what we do with Bogo??? Does anybody know what it would result in if we bought him out? I find it hard to believe that they really think he can make the team or even stay healthy for that matter...

https://capfriendly.com/buyout_calculator/zach-bogosian

It's amazing how delusional Oilers fans are. I think they've officially become worse for me than Leafs fans. I went over to one of their fan forums and it's just comment after comment about how Dahlin will be wasted here and no matter how much talent we acquire that we won't about to anything and that we're a garbage franchise. It's insanely laughable.

Not gonna lie, I would kill for a Leafs vs Sabres playoff series in the next decade. That would be bloodthirsty.

It's amazing how delusional Oilers fans are. I think they've officially become worse for me than Leafs fans. I went over to one of their fan forums and it's just comment after comment about how Dahlin will be wasted here and no matter how much talent we acquire that we won't about to anything and that we're a garbage franchise. It's insanely laughable.

Not gonna lie, I would kill for a Leafs vs Sabres playoff series in the next decade. That would be bloodthirsty.

If that’s their claim, they should look at a mirror.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.