Mittelstadt Signed ELC with Sabres reports directly to Buffalo

Brawndo

Behold... the God who cannot do a single solitary pull-up!!!   lol

I need to find a video clip of the scene from Full Metal Jacket where Gunnery Sgt Hartman berates Private Pyle for his inability to perform a single pull up.

Lord Casey doesn't need to do a pull up. If he wants his chin over the bar he can cause the earth to rise under his feet to propel his chin there.

I'll admit that the whole burning a year of the ELC, but it's not counted as a pro year, expansion draft stuff is just ... confusing to me.

All burning the 1st year of the ELC does (for all intents & purposes) is cause his salary to be higher in '20-'21 than it would've been otherwise.

Though, because he'll only have 2 years of results under his belt rather than 3, if he gets a bridge deal it might have a lower AAV than he'd get if he had that extra year of results to use as ammo for a bigger deal. And that bridge deal could be 4 years long rather than the typical 3 year bridge deal.

From what I have just read, Casey will still be exempt from the expansion draft. Yeah!

I wrote the other day how much better we’d feel about the end of the season if Jbot could get Casey and Borgen inked and playing before the season ends. He did it, despite rumors that Borgen wouldn’t sign with us and that Casey was going to school. Amazing, look at he comments. Hope springs eternal.

Whether or not these guys ever become great players and lead our moribund franchise to better things, at least it’s good to know that our GM can get things done. It gives one hope.

Looking ahead to next year. Pu, Casey and Borgen (and Petersen) are now signed sealed and delivered. Next stop Asplund and Olofsson. Anyone else still doubting Jbot’s ability to get these two here as well?

For the records Olofsson’s Frolunda team is tied 2 games all heading into game 5. He has 2g 1a in 4 games. Asplund has zero pts in 4 games as his Farjestads squad trails 3 games to 1 to Skelleftea.

Not a bruiser by any definition.  Struggled to bench 160 lbs 1 rep too

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/look-top-nhl-prospect-casey-mittelstadt-cant-do-a-single-pull-up/

https://youtu.be/nAWjW6p5TUg

When I saw your avatar I thought it was the return of 'that guy' ... woof.

Awful on so many levels.

1) puts this kid into the NHL two years too early. In what universe is the consensus best prospect outside the NHL in any way close to being able to play in the NHL?

2) totally the Amerks chances to do anything the playoffs. Botterill had a chance to help help our minor league team by forcing Mittelstadt to play there, but instead - as he typically does - put his own selfish desires ahead of the best interests of a proud minor league franchise.

3) provides false hope to our fan base who will somehow think adding top young talent to the roster will give them reason to start watching again. This has Brandon written all over it.

4) gets Sabrespacers we haven’t heard from outside the BIlls and booze threads in months talking hockey again. I won’t stand for it.

Awful on so many levels.

1) puts this kid into the NHL two years too early. In what universe is the consensus best prospect outside the NHL in any way close to being able to play in the NHL?

2) totally ###### the Amerks chances to do anything the playoffs. Botterill had a chance to help help our minor league team by forcing Mittelstadt to play there, but instead - as he typically does - put his own selfish desires ahead of the best interests of a proud minor league franchise.

3) provides false hope to our fan base who will somehow think adding top young talent to the roster will give them reason to start watching again. This has Brandon written all over it.

4) gets Sabrespacers we haven’t heard from outside the BIlls and booze threads in months talking hockey again. I won’t stand for it.

What? So much what. Sarcasm? Edited by dewookieen

Awful on so many levels.

2) totally ###### the Amerks chances to do anything the playoffs. Botterill had a chance to help help our minor league team by forcing Mittelstadt to play there, but instead - as he typically does - put his own selfish desires ahead of the best interests of a proud minor league franchise.

:lol:

Awful on so many levels.

I was beginning to worry about you until I read the 4th point.

I fully expect Middlstat to be leading the sabres in scoring by the end of the season else his shall be labeled as a "bust". That's roughly 8 points per game so I think it's doable.

He should be able to do it easily. Even getting handcuffed with bums like Larsson and Pominville's corpse on his line. They should recall Moulson from the minor's and staple him to Lord Casey's hip just to make it somewhat of a challenge.

Does that mean he gets 

Awful on so many levels.

Isn't there a chance he told GMBot "I'm going back to college for another year unless I get an ELC and can play an NHL game"?

You act like there was only one party to the agreement

Edited by erickompositör72

I'd like to see him on Jack's wing

Jack is going to be his wingman

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Because Mittelstadt is a late birthdate (Nov/98), he burns the first-year of his entry-level contract as soon as he signs it, but he does not get to count this season as a pro year, which means he won’t need to be protected for expansion draft (assuming it’s in 2020).

2 strong moves by JBott. Kinda restores some hope for the franchise that he’ll be able to right the ship eventually.

Now we of course need to hope that Casey and Borgen are actually good NHL players.

And that we can bring in a good goalie and about 10 more good players this summer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.