(OT) If you had to name a Sandwich Captain of your Sandwich Team, what kind of sandwich would it be?

Eleven

I just had to revisit the doughnut thread from four years ago, didn't I?

Anyway.  I nominate the BLT.  The best sandwich of all time.

And PA, durst you deem this thread "booze-inspired," as you demeaned my nice doughnut thread, know that I am drinking herbal tea.  And, regrettably, not eating a BLT.

All the sandwiches!!!!!! Oh My God! It's like choosing your favorite child, but harder, as a sandwich will never disappoint you! OK, here we go...

Turkey, mayo, Swiss, lettuce, bacon, thousand island on sourdough, toasted.

French Dip

Peanut mother butter and jelly!

Italian

Fried egg sandwich

Meatball

Sausage and peppers

jesus henry christ, I could go on for days. I'm not even sure I've named my favorite yet! 

A hot dog

you

Born in Pennsylvania, my captain could wear the C in probably any state or city. He has greasy, slicked back hair. There is a simplicity to his game, but it is still miraculously well-rounded and delightful. His go-to shootout move is top cheese. Plays best with a basket of fries on his wing.

Philly cheese steak

(still no mushrooms ????)

Edited by EichSnipe

Not sure if there are any Jimmy Johns sandwich shops in WNY but I'd go with the JJ's gargantuan. Awesome sandwich, epsecially with extra hot peppers.

JJ's never impressed me.

Wegmans chicken finger sub. Blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, provolone and cucumber. Medium wing sauce

Edited by SkuggaLiger

I concur, JJ's is fine, but it's Mighty Taco to Taco Bell; a better than Subway but not by that much. Firehouse Subs has some good points but for me, Wegmans and a local chain called Primo's sit at the top of the heap.

Everyday Sandwich Captain: Primo's Sharp Italian. Crusty, chewy, spicy, sharp, and fills the net.

Fancy-pants generational Captain: Gorett's Original Sin from Iron Abbey in Horsham, PA. Brioche, roast beef, chorizo, gouda, soaked in beer gravy with a fried egg on top.

Edited by MattiPaj

My sandwich Captain plays with an edge. Always a little salty. Dedicated to sating hunger all day every day. Even when it's not the best, it's still good. Don't know what to order? No problem. Here you go.

My sandwich Captain is the Reuben.

Elite sandwich, but that’s Marian Hossa. Excellent, versatile, reliable, all-purpose. But not the captain.

My sandwich Captain plays with an edge. Always a little salty. Dedicated to sating hunger all day every day. Even when it's not the best, it's still good. Don't know what to order? No problem. Here you go.

My sandwich Captain is the Reuben.

People need to go back and edit their posts to be more like this. You've got to make the captain tie-in.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.