(OT) If you had to name a Sandwich Captain of your Sandwich Team, what kind of sandwich would it be?

Eleven

Hey 11,

I hope you are prepared to /thread ...

Montreal Smoked Meat ..........

So Nathan Blowlieu? (I'll let myself out.)

Jewish rye with seeds and it's not a club without toothpicks in them

Can we agree you can't have a sandwich captain who's held together with toothpicks?

I'm with PA on this. No toothpicks. Toothpicks cost us the cup in '06.

And the colored cellophane on the toothpicks is like the red practice jersey. Careful, don't touch our F R A G I L E "captain."

No thank you.

The Sabres are held together by toothpicks.  I don't want my Sandwich Captain held together by toothpicks.

I rise out of my scooter to applaud the gentleman from Buffalo.

Now we are getting somewhere....

The Captain needs to be the glue that holds the team together. What is the glue in a sandwich? Melted cheese. First rule of sandwich captaincy is, melted cheese holding the thing togethet under it’s own strength is a must.

Now we are getting somewhere....

The Captain needs to be the glue that holds the team together. What is the glue in a sandwich? Melted cheese. First rule of sandwich captaincy is, melted cheese holding the thing togethet under it’s own strength is a must.

So, if you would to elaborate on your Cuban sandwich platform, are you proposing original Tampa style (includes salami) or Miami style (does not)?

So, if you would to elaborate on your Cuban sandwich platform, are you proposing original Tampa style (includes salami) or Miami style (does not)?

Never had a Tampa style. Did not know such a beast exists.

Ham, the two way player here. Crowd pleasing. Reliable.

Roast pork. This is the star. Pure, unadulterated meat. Here is where the skill really shines. Great roast pork is the same kind of artistry as the in and out toe drag.

The pickles supply the vinegar. If its on your team you love the vinegar, but if its working against you it is downright unpleasant.

Mustard. Spice. Add the spice of mustard to the skill of roast pork and you’ve got creativity on top of the talent.

The pressed, toasted bread means it is compacted, think concentrated. All that ability in a controllable package. It’s coachable is what that means.

And we get to the melted Swiss cheese. The glue binding it all together. All that substance and a glue that makes it stronger than the sum of its parts.

The choice is obvious.

It's not my captain so I can agree with this, but can we agree it's not a Club without them??

No.

Three slices of bread:  Required for a Club.

Toothpicks:  Not required.  It's still a Club if you just cut it in half instead of quarters (and thus no toothpicks required).

No.

Three slices of bread: Required for a Club.

Toothpicks: Not required. It's still a Club if you just cut it in half instead of quarters (and thus no toothpicks required).

Falls apart to readily to be captain. A club sandwich is Robin Lehner. Great numbers that doesn’t hold up under pressure.

Not a Wegmans sub, that's for sure. I already put my vote in for Reuben but I'm willing to accept other options.

Wegmans subs are Jody Gage, Captain of the Supermarket Sandwich team. But there's a local shop out there doing the NHL version of everything Wegmans does. You just gotta have scouts who know where to look.

If you look at history, scouts are very bad in finding sandwiches.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.