Sabres at Avalanche, 12/5/2017, 9 PM ET

Doohickie

That is why I fail.

This one boils down to sports psychology. Looking at the roster in the pre-season... was it Cup-contender level? No. It was "battling for a playoff spot" level, though. In this weaker Atlantic division we should be in the 3rd-5th range. Take 20 games to get it going, and then play well the rest of the way. But I certainly didn't believe we'd be... whatever we're at now record-wise. Not comparable to our AHL-level roster, tank-level dismal dreck. This team really needs a shot of belief in themselves (and system, coach, what-have-you). They need a sports movie montage. Or some Dagobah training to follow my idiom.

The questions of course are: what will be their spark? And when?

I might have been slow on the uptake, but the players clearly knew from the git-go that this was an evaluation year that had nothing to do with winning. Kane had reason to play hard, but most of the rest are lost/sulking/disinterested. The spark might come when a professional sports franchise returns to normal operating mode: just win, baby. Helping things along might be a season ticket holder mass defection. Russ won't sit for that. I mean, when they raise ticket prices again, people will have finally had it, right?

I might have been slow on the uptake, but the players clearly knew from the git-go that this was an evaluation year that had nothing to do with winning. Kane had reason to play hard, but most of the rest are lost/sulking/disinterested. The spark might come when a professional sports franchise returns to normal operating mode: just win, baby. Helping things along might be a season ticket holder mass defection. Russ won't sit for that. I mean, when they raise ticket prices again, people will have finally had it, right?

Never underestimate the impact of FOMO on the Buffalo STH.

Never underestimate the impact of FOMO on the Buffalo STH.

Or the desire to be an amateur ticket scalper. That's another issue. Fans think they can watch games for free/cheap by selling off a portion of games for big profits. That's all fine in theory and it's worked successfully in the past, but the problem is it creates insulation for the team because they still get paid STH prices for a full stadium, even when the arena is half empty. Until the waiting list evaporates and seats start going unsold, the teams doesn't really feel the pinch financially. Unless they are highly dependent on the lost revenue from parking, nachos, and overpriced beer.

Yea I don't get ice girls. It's fine to hire women as ice cleaners but why the ###### are they in bikinis?

"A bikini is not a bikini unless it can be pulled through a wedding ring."

So, not a bikini.

And can I be an ice girl if I'm a man? It's 2017 after all. Where are my short-shorts?

Sure. Throw some Magic Mike looking dudes out there. Something for everyone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.