Sabres at Avalanche, 12/5/2017, 9 PM ET

Doohickie

So you didn't even read my first post, then? This absolutely could happen.Each camera is color corrected separately as well as being white balanced separately. 

The main camera has way more bright white of the ice in the frame which means they have to close the iris down letting in less light. That would absolutely make the blues darker on the main cam.

I did read your post & have experience w/ optics as well.

The images provided by the main cameras were the closest to the ACTUAL uniform coloration. As you just stated, each other camera was set for light & color. Can we agree that the camera settings were intentional? THOSE cameras are the ones that did not produce a true image. If the ones that had to deal w/ potential overbleaching provided the truer image, then how do the other cameras produce illusory colorations? Was it by intent or incompetence?

More likely the type of lights they are using... Halogens are on the bluer spectrum, Incandescents yellower, fluorescents even more bluer and LED very intense bright blowing out colors less diffused. So it effects cameras and whatever adjustments each rink standardizes its cameras at.

Edited by Kottbullar

Well watched some of the first period and they didn't look terrible and see they won. Yeah..

Now can they continue to play this way and get even better still.  Maybe we have some line and pairing combinations that can stick together for more than a few periods.

whats the current betting line on count down of games before injury to Bogo? 

I'm going to go with 4. 

I did read your post & have experience w/ optics as well.

The images provided by the main cameras were the closest to the ACTUAL uniform coloration. As you just stated, each other camera was set for light & color. Can we agree that the camera settings were intentional? THOSE cameras are the ones that did not produce a true image. If the ones that had to deal w/ potential overbleaching provided the truer image, then how do the other cameras produce illusory colorations? Was it by intent or incompetence?

My guess is neither. When people are shading cameras, they usually do it so that skin tones look the most natural. Since nobody in the crowd or on the ice looks like Violet Beauregard, I'm guessing it's just the way the lights are interacting with the blue and how much has to be let into the camera.

And I did think Jack looked a little different. He looked more determined with the puck.

Edited by TräskB

My guess is neither. When people are shading cameras, they usually do it so that skin tones look the most natural. Since nobody in the crowd or on the ice looks like Violet Beauregard, I'm guessing it's just the way the lights are interacting with the blue and how much has to be let into the camera.

And I did think Jack looked a little different. He looked more determined with the puck.

Exactly and you cant adjust the color balance on the fly and get a consistent image because it will vary too much with the directionality and diffusion rate of the different types of light. Also the in game photographers often have strobes up in the rafters to fill flash and that can change the images drastically.

BUY0U6z.jpg

I didn't watch the game last night, but apparently there was a weird camera thing that made our unis look royal instead of navy blue...gorgeous.

Exactly and you cant adjust the color balance on the fly and get a consistent image because it will vary too much with the directionality and diffusion rate of the different types of light. Also the in game photographers often have strobes up in the rafters to fill flash and that can change the images drastically.

You're saying the 1 rink in the entire NHL that we've seen the Sabres unis look like they have bright blue in them, just happens to be the rink the home team's unis look best when THEIR blue appears brightest, & it's strictly a coincidence that this 1 rink throws the lighting off on professional television broadcasting cameras to such a degree? At least you are both stating that the cameras were set to their settings intentionally.

Check out the flesh tones in Sakman's post 540 in the Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Blue & Gold Please , and tell me that is Chad Johnson's normal skin tone. (Will try to add link in an edit. Don't want to lose the rest of my typing to add that post link in at present. Sorry.) Those cameras were not set to account for skin coloration.

It's like claiming that in the '80's it was just a coincidence that the football fields on CBS' s broadcasts were a way brighter green than on NBC's broadcasts. The cameras were set to make those images appear more appealing. Just like the Avs cameras are. ;)

Edit: Sakman's post is now at the top of this post. For some unbeknownst reason, it keeps pasting there rather than here.]

Edited by Taro T

I think that is the Sabres best six on defence.

Maybe the game has passed me by, but Risto’s game tonight is exactly how I want my defencemen to play.

Lehner did not look good on either goal.

See how it doesn’t matter when they score three instead of one?

You like defensemen (notice the correct spelling) to get their doors blown off by MacKinnon? :p

I disagree.  I think he was the same skating wise.  It is easier to acknowledge it when they win. 

I agree. I didn't think Jack looked significantly different last night. 

Well, now I need Bulldog to stop lurking and come in here and back me up.

Three separate times within 20 minutes of game play, I saw Eichel moving at a pace and with a purpose I had not seen from him in a while. Small sample size, etc. Even so.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Three separate times within 20 minutes of game play, I saw Eichel moving at a pace and with a purpose I had not seen from him in a while. Small sample size, etc. Even so.

I think the only noticeable difference last night than the previous handful, was decisiveness with the puck.  Fewer gaffes based on over thinking.  His speed and coverage has been an overall positive this year.  Sabres win, he scores,linemates score.  Not much to complain about.

That empty net goal could make the Sweet 16. Pretty remarkable upon further review. As the puck was dropped, Eichel shot himself out of a cannon to a predetermined spot above the dot. O'Reilly won the draw and pulled the puck back between his legs, then slipped it forward right to Eichel. Jack did the rest.

How far the Sabres have fallen that an empty-net goal could be considered among the season's best.

FWIW, it looked a lot like a set play, and a textbook one at that. I'd be interested to see if they try to pull that on a normal PK, could be interesting.

I'll testify.  He also played the body convincingly several times and even jumped into a scrum after the whistle.  He looked almost captain-like at times.

Edited by Doohickie

I'll testify. He also played the body convincingly several times and even jumped into a scrum after the whistle. He looked almost captain-like at times.

Russ Brandon, being the leader he is, had a great heart-to-heart with Jack about how greatness emerges during times of adversity, then detailed what he needs to do to turn this thing around. Jack responded.

#narrativesyoullneverseeonsabrespace.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.