Sabres at Avalanche, 12/5/2017, 9 PM ET

Doohickie

Yoooooouuuuuuuurrrr new-look Sabres take on the Colorado Avalanche Tuesday night!

Will addition by subtraction be a thing?

Will Scott Wilson play?  Will we care?

Is this the wakeup call the Sabres need?

Find out the answers to these and other questions.  Tune in late, stay late, have trouble getting up for work Wednesday!

And since the Sabres are pretty much a lost cause already this year, check out this picture of the Avs ice girls.

7760242.jpg

The ice crew is actually pretty talented. I can't skate that well. Are most of them former players, including the women? When you're at a game, their precise, synchronized work is impressive. You wish your team could work together like that.

First female skater in the NHL? Now that would be something.

Ryan O'Reilly leads the league in suck at -19 through 27 games. 

Did you know that current or former Sabres hold 12 of the worst 50 in plus/minus so far this year?  Add Pysyk, Stafford, Vanek to our current guys.

Looking at top 50 in scoring, just 1 of 50.  E Kane.

Fortunately for me, high school hockey at 7.

They'll magically be fine tonight. Probably because of Moulson leaving, they will look decent for a few games and then as the shock wears off they will fall back into their normal habits.  

Or

Jack will come out sulking, ROR will be all sad, Okposo will do what he can, and the defense will once again be well, our defense. 

Am probably going to watch this one, because I hate myself that much. 

4-1 Avs.

Hate leads to... suffering.

Rodrigues and Wilson should both be in the lineup, right? Our healthy defense will finally start to gel now that they've played a couple games together and had some practices. Plus, LordJBot has found new ways to motivate them in the form of waiving Moulson. They should play with a little more tenacity... right? Maybe?

Hate leads to... suffering.

Rodrigues and Wilson should both be in the lineup, right? Our healthy defense will finally start to gel now that they've played a couple games together and had some practices. Plus, LordJBot has found new ways to motivate them in the form of waiving Moulson. They should play with a little more tenacity... right? Maybe?

Sure, young padawan.  If you believe it to be so.

Sure, young padawan.  If you believe it to be so.

That is why I fail.

This one boils down to sports psychology. Looking at the roster in the pre-season... was it Cup-contender level? No. It was "battling for a playoff spot" level, though. In this weaker Atlantic division we should be in the 3rd-5th range. Take 20 games to get it going, and then play well the rest of the way. But I certainly didn't believe we'd be... whatever we're at now record-wise. Not comparable to our AHL-level roster, tank-level dismal dreck. This team really needs a shot of belief in themselves (and system, coach, what-have-you). They need a sports movie montage. Or some Dagobah training to follow my idiom.

The questions of course are: what will be their spark? And when?

That is why I fail.

This one boils down to sports psychology. Looking at the roster in the pre-season... was it Cup-contender level? No. It was "battling for a playoff spot" level, though. In this weaker Atlantic division we should be in the 3rd-5th range. Take 20 games to get it going, and then play well the rest of the way. But I certainly didn't believe we'd be... whatever we're at now record-wise. Not comparable to our AHL-level roster, tank-level dismal dreck. This team really needs a shot of belief in themselves (and system, coach, what-have-you). They need a sports movie montage. Or some Dagobah training to follow my idiom.

The questions of course are: what will be their spark? And when?

It doesn't necessarily take much to turn a team around.  One only need to look at the Senators to understand just how much changing a component in the locker room can be.  Out with Turris, in with Duchene and they've a pile of crap since then.  Duchene has added nothing to the Senators team.  Meanwhile, Turris is living large in Nashville.

The Avs were better for a bit when Duchene left but it seems they've slowed again.

I liked what I saw from Fasching the other night.  He stated that his mandate was get to the net and he did that, repeatedly. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.