DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

No but it seems like more and more smoke is coming from O'Reilly camp. Much more talk about him being the poster boy for the partying and what is with the possible rift WGR has been commenting on between Eichel and O'Reilly?

After the second period of the Canucks Game, Eichel was on the ice fist bumping the team as they went to the room. When ROR was going off the ice, Jack put down his hand and ROR didn’t even look at him. So they were wondering about friction between the two

I’m not sure about the partying, but he frequents the Sportmans Tavern on Amherst St to listen to bands.

After the second period of the Canucks Game, Eichel was on the ice fist bumping the team as they went to the room. When ROR was going off the ice, Jack put down his hand and ROR didn’t even look at him. So they were wondering about friction between the two

I’m not sure about the partying, but he frequents the Sportmans Tavern on Amherst St to listen to bands.

I don't care if he party's his face off. Don't care if he's fall down drunk every night. But what kind of bands play at that tavern?

One thing they were talking about on WGR today that I had thought about. The way Housley is using Kane is possibly hurting his trade value by playing him on lower line. His production has suffered . Don't pay much attention to WGR but I have been thinking about this for awhile myself.

GMs and Scouts will look at his body of work over the past year, not just what’s occurring in this slump.

They will also look at the fact the Sabres Third Liners belong in the AHL and if you put Kane on one of their top three lines the surrounding talent level, with the exception of Jack and ROR, is much higher and his scoring production should increase once on their team

ROR is jealous, get over it.

WGR has talked about it multiple times, most recently yesterday. They talked about how they thought they were getting a leader in the locker-room and instead, he has been more of the leader of the party circuit. Who knows what is what but from the sound of it, one of the hosts has made up PLENTY of stories.

fify

One thing they were talking about on WGR today that I had thought about. The way Housley is using Kane is possibly hurting his trade value by playing him on lower line. His production has suffered . Don't pay much attention to WGR but I have been thinking about this for awhile myself.

It's almost as is this very topic was discussed in this here forum

Except the Sabres have given no indication that he'll re-sign so why aren't they putting him with Jack or ROR to pump up his value prior to the deadline. Sometimes I wonder if they have any plan at all.

It's almost as is this very topic was discussed in this here forum

How could I have missed that?

GMs and Scouts will look at his body of work over the past year, not just what’s occurring in this slump.

They will also look at the fact the Sabres Third Liners belong in the AHL and if you put Kane on one of their top three lines the surrounding talent level, with the exception of Jack and ROR, is much higher and his scoring production should increase once on their team

Of course that's what we hope but why after seeing his production drop and not improving his line mates play is he still being used in obviously an unproductive way. Whatever Phil has done isn't working. Hopefully they know what their doing because from the fan perspective it's not looking all that effective.

That seems pretty sweet. Good for ROR.

pretty cool place. Small but big for how small it is if that makes sense. They have two bars and a balcony I guess it could be called. My uncle plays up there every so often. Some guy from 10,000 maniacs was there too.

pretty cool place. Small but big for how small it is if that makes sense. They have two bars and a balcony I guess it could be called. My uncle plays up there every so often. Some guy from 10,000 maniacs was there too.

I think he was the 7,895th maniac.

Interesting tidbit from Craig Custance about how John Tavares is impacting the trade market. Teams such as the Blues and the Sharks generally prefer to make trades where the player coming to them has term left on their present Deal. This year, because Tavares has not re-signed with the Isles, they are less likely to make a deal for a player with term as they would want to have cap space available if Tavares hits UFA. The Sharks would have Thornton coming off the books and The Blues have Stastny coming off the cap so both would have some room.

Here is what he says about the impact on Kane

It might make a player like Buffalo's Evander Kane even more appealing than he already is. He’s the best winger who is playing on an expiring contract and gives the acquiring team options in the summer — if Tavares signs between now and then, they can shift their focus to keeping Kane. If he doesn’t, they can let him walk and join the Tavares sweepstakes.

Edited by Brawndo

You trade ROR in the off season honestly. That's a roster player. A first. A top prospect and a sweetener.

Or a similar value roster player that plays a different position. 

Roster player, pick, prospect screams downgrade to me.

You trade ROR in the off season honestly. That's a roster player. A first. A top prospect and a sweetener.

Well, non-playoff teams are going to be likely to deal.  What do you think Arizona would give for ROR right now?  Would they give up OEL?  Would they give up more?

Seriously ? He just had a kid ...

With his "girlfriend" right?  Not his wife?  He's not married?  Lots of other sports figures have kids with lots of girlfriends too.  

I don't see ROR is that kind of guy, but the truth is that having a kid does not kill the partying lifestyle for some... (for some of us others it certainly puts and end to things.)   :)

Well, non-playoff teams are going to be likely to deal.  What do you think Arizona would give for ROR right now?  Would they give up OEL?  Would they give up more?

With his "girlfriend" right?  Not his wife?  He's not married?  Lots of other sports figures have kids with lots of girlfriends too.  

I don't see ROR is that kind of guy, but the truth is that having a kid does not kill the partying lifestyle for some... (for some of us others it certainly puts and end to things.)    :)

Not trying to weigh-in on either side, but just saying- wouldn't be far fetched to assume O'Reilly's kid is not on his mind during a post-win night out in Calgary, etc.

Well, non-playoff teams are going to be likely to deal. What do you think Arizona would give for ROR right now? Would they give up OEL? Would they give up more?

With his "girlfriend" right? Not his wife? He's not married? Lots of other sports figures have kids with lots of girlfriends too.

I don't see ROR is that kind of guy, but the truth is that having a kid does not kill the partying lifestyle for some... (for some of us others it certainly puts and end to things.) :)

ROR fiancée name is Dayna Douros, she is the mother of his son and they have been together since he was in Colorado.

Not trying to weigh-in on either side, but just saying- wouldn't be far fetched to assume O'Reilly's kid is not on his mind during a post-win night out in Calgary, etc.

This is plausible