DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

So for the Blues this is a case of trading the future for the now.

If they're close that might be a good deal for the Sabres.

I would take any of those four and a conditional second which becomes a 2019 First if they make the Western Conference Finals.

They are ready to play in the AHL or in Buffalo next year.

That way we are not waiting three years for a prospect to develop.

Insider Trading

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-sedins-future-chances-habs-move-pacioretty~1315228

Nothing directly Sabres related. Although LeBrun feels Montreal may want to keep Pacioretty unless a young center is coming back.

If he is kept off the market that should help drive Kane's Value up

There are a lot of great questions in life. But at the very top of that list is how, in one of the biggest hockey markets in the world, Marc Bergevin still has a job

There are a lot of great questions in life. But at the very top of that list is how, in one of the biggest hockey markets in the world, Marc Bergevin still has a job

This is what can happen when an all-world goalie carries a team to consistent success. The GM gets a longer rope than he deserves.

This is what can happen when an all-world goalie carries a team to consistent success. The GM gets a longer rope than he deserves.

Just think, Darcy Regier benefited from that twice with one franchise.  In one stretch.

As far as St Louis goes, to me it would have to include Vince Dunn.  The other assets:  Kyrou and Thomas specifically would be great additions with top six potential.  As would Kostin on the wing.  However, Dunn would be the key addition.

Dunn has a regular spot on St.Louis, there is no chance they are subtracting from the current roster when they are going for the cup

It is really starting to sound like O'Reilly is as good as gone so hopefully they can get a good return. There is something going on in that locker-room and he may be in the middle of it...

Why do you say that?

Have you heard something new?

Psych.

It is really starting to sound like O'Reilly is as good as gone so hopefully they can get a good return. There is something going on in that locker-room and he may be in the middle of it...

Pure hypothesis.. what if the problem is ROR vs. Kane?  What if they can re-sign Kane if ROR ships out?

I wonder if Mike Fisher signing in Nashville takes them out of the Kane Sweepstakes

Maybe it puts them in win it all this year mode even more.  So, they may even bigger in the Kane sweepstakes.

That said, I still want the Sabres to keep and sign Kane.  I am sick of them shipping out any player that is good.  Keep Kane.  Keep Lehner.  Keep ROR.

No but it seems like more and more smoke is coming from O'Reilly camp. Much more talk about him being the poster boy for the partying and what is with the possible rift WGR has been commenting on between Eichel and O'Reilly?

Seriously ? He just had a kid ...

One thing they were talking about on WGR today that I had thought about. The way Housley is using Kane is possibly hurting his trade value by playing him on lower line. His production has suffered . Don't pay much attention to WGR but I have been thinking about this for awhile myself.

Yeah, not sure where this smoke about ROR’s partying is coming from.

WGR has talked about it multiple times, most recently yesterday. They talked about how they thought they were getting a leader in the locker-room and instead, he has been more of the leader of the party circuit. Who knows what is what but from the sound of it, one of the hosts has heard PLENTY of stories.