DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

The other day Rob Ray said he would not be surprised if something did happen on this road trip. He said he has maybe heard some rumblings.

Haven't really been paying much attention to the Sabres the last 2 weeks. Was Pouliot benched for poor play or because they've got a deal for him lined up & didn't want to risk injury?

Was Pouliot benched for poor play or because they've got a deal for him lined up & didn't want to risk injury?

I hope so, and that it's something to be somewhat excited about... because I feel he has been contributing a lot more to our on-ice efforts than ERod. Playing ERod over Pouliot makes me (again) question Housley

Edited by erickompositör72

Housley will go from preseason accolades to get rid of him status by season end I suspect.

Only from those who blame the coach for getting the same result with the same players as the last coach.  I need to see some changes in the roster before I blame Housley.

Only from those who blame the coach for getting the same result with the same players as the last coach.  I need to see some changes in the roster before I blame Housley.

This.

I may get there with Housley, too, but I’m looking towards the players right now (and Botterill, to see how he changes the makeup of said players).

This.

I may get there with Housley, too, but I’m looking towards the players right now (and Botterill, to see how he changes the makeup of said players).

House started the season with what a 10 ? player overhaul from what Bylsma had dealt with ? That being said he needs time. That also doesn't excuse some of the things that raise questions about Phil as a coach. I like him but in hindsight an experienced coach may have had a little more success with this group.

House started the season with what a 10 ? player overhaul from what Bylsma had dealt with ? That being said he needs time. That also doesn't excuse some of the things that raise questions about Phil as a coach. I like him but in hindsight an experienced coach may have had a little more success with this group.

But not many significant changes, in hindsight. Scandella I guess. Not much else of note.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

But not many significant changes, in hindsight. Scandedlla I guess. Not much else of note.

Correct. Every other key player is the same. That said given the contract hell TM left us in, the changes Jbot made were probably the most be could do.

But we have more flexibility going forward. Moulson is gone. Gorges is nearly gone. How many of TM’s guys will be sent packing? Kane, Lehner, Okposo, and Bogo?

Edited by Georgia Flakt

Correct. Every other key player is the same. That said given the contract hell TM left us in, the changes Jbot made were probably the most be could do.

But we have more flexibility going forward. Moulson is gone. Gorges is nearly gone. How many of TM’s guys will be sent packing? Kane, Lehner, Okposo, and Bogo?

I'm fine with that. I never hated a tank team but I actually hate this team. They have no backbone

For the love of god Reinhart needs to go too. Not even just for his complete lack of production. This core needs a shakeup.

I don't think this team has a core.  I think it has a split.  It's becoming abundantly clear that this is not a TEAM but a collection of players.  I'm not worried about anything right now other than what the management does to change the roster.  

The 10 new faces from last year are enough to cause problems early on with cohesion.  However, the top groupings, other than Scandella, have not really changed.  They moved out some of the "heart" players in Foligno and Deslauriers.  Few were sad to see Foligno go and no one admitted to being sad about Deslauriers but they did bring something on the ice or in the locker room.

The unfortunate part is that there is only so much Botterill can do unless he wants to give away players and I don't see that helping.

I don't disagree but he just doesn't fit the system here one bit, maybe he'd be a good fit on the Kings? I just don't know how Botteril can keep him in this system, same with Okposo.

What does this mean....what is the system the Sabres play....and what system is best for him?

I don't disagree but he just doesn't fit the system here one bit, maybe he'd be a good fit on the Kings? I just don't know how Botteril can keep him in this system, same with Okposo.

You may be right but to be honest I'm tired of ever time a player is underachieving we go to the fall back buzz word it's the system. How about they aren't that good or just don't care enough. I kind of like that better than "they don't fit our system" . Whatever that is.

You may be right but to be honest I'm tired of ever time a player is underachieving we go to the fall back buzz word it's the system. How about they aren't that good or just don't care enough. I kind of like that better than "they don't fit our system" . Whatever that is.

You can try to make it black and white all you want, but it's not the reality. There are some players that work better in some systems and that doesn't mean they "suck" or "don't care". 

You can try to make it black and white all you want, but it's not the reality. There are some players that work better in some systems and that doesn't mean they "suck" or "don't care". 

Then what is the system the Sabres play and why is Reinhart not a fit? What type of system would he be comfortable in?