DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

@WGR550
Dreger - I wouldn't expect a fire sale when the trade freeze lifts, but there will be plenty of interest in Buffalo. #Sabres

@WGR550
Dreger - the state of the #Sabres currently isn't very good. There's a plan in place, and that's to continue to analyze and see what they have.

@WGR550
Dreger - I feel Evander Kane is going to go to a legitimate Stanley Cup contender, and the Vancouver #Canucks are not there yet. #Sabres

Gotta wonder how many line combinations Phil has to try before they make a judgement on what they have...

I think they pretty much know what they have at this point.  I think some of the line juggling now is an attempt to showcase a player for a trade.  Put them in a situation another team wants them for just to see how they play with a certain type of player.

How does Girgensons play with Eichel and Reinhart?  Does that translate how he plays with offensive minded players on another team?  Possibly.

I think they pretty much know what they have at this point. I think some of the line juggling now is an attempt to showcase a player for a trade. Put them in a situation another team wants them for just to see how they play with a certain type of player.

How does Girgensons play with Eichel and Reinhart? Does that translate how he plays with offensive minded players on another team? Possibly.

I suspect you're right. If I'm Housley and Botterill I've already made my conclusions about the makeup of this team. At this point it's just going to be trying to play guys where they are supposed to fit and hope for the best.

I think they pretty much know what they have at this point.  I think some of the line juggling now is an attempt to showcase a player for a trade.  Put them in a situation another team wants them for just to see how they play with a certain type of player.

How does Girgensons play with Eichel and Reinhart?  Does that translate how he plays with offensive minded players on another team?  Possibly.

Ya I agree.

I think they were counting on Eichel to showcase the other winger playing with him last night. Maybe Girgs too.

“I think it takes two to tango,” said the Insider. “They’ve set a very high price on Kane. They’ve set very high prices on Scandella and Reinhart and Ristolainen.

“I think the other thing too now is there’s competition. The difference between Evander Kane and some guys is if you’re going to have to give up your best asset, are you going to give it up for a guy who’s a UFA or would you say take a look at a guy like Mike Hoffman, who’s got two more years under contract or whatever else that Ottawa is going to be prepared to do.

“I think there’s still a lot more demand than there is supply, so I think there’s a bit of saber-rattling in that way, negotiations.

“I think also too, I don’t think Tavares is going to be on the market, but I think some teams are holding their best assets to wait. I saw John Chayka said again today he’s not trading Ekman-Larsson, but some teams will probably hold on to their assets and just wait"

https://www.fanragsports.com/friedman-ponders-nhl-trade-possibilities/

Edited by Jokertecken

More demand than supply sounds good to me. I hope we're able to set the market and fetch a high price for Kane. I'd rather get an A rated prospect who will be ready for Rochester/Buffalo next season than a first and a B prospect but we'll see how it goes.

More demand than supply sounds good to me. I hope we're able to set the market and fetch a high price for Kane. I'd rather get an A rated prospect who will be ready for Rochester/Buffalo next season than a first and a B prospect but we'll see how it goes.

It really seems like everytime we are in the market to sell it is always a buyers market which really depresses the value of our return. Maybe this is the year that we are selling at the right time and get prime value.

I'd start putting the bubble wrap on Kane.  Would really suck if he got hurt before the Sabres could trade him (in a high demand, low supply year as noted above).

You just know sooner or later he's getting hurt. The way our luck is going the day before he would otherwise have been traded. JBot needs to know this.