DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

What? Why? He has four straight 30 goal season and he's cheap for another year still! Also, never forget the golden rule: you want to trade with Marc Bergevin.

Very good player and Bergy is an idiot.

The issue is I’m not interested in giving up young assets or ROR for him.

Bergy isn’t taking Okposo or Bogo in return and trading Kane for him would be a mistake.

And even though he has one year remaining on his Deal, he will be 30 next year and he will be looking to sign a long term deal.

I’m hesitant for the Sabres to sign another aging winger after Moulson and Okposo. Granted his numbers are better, but they should and will probably drop off after the first two years of his new Deal.

What? Why? He has four straight 30 goal season and he's cheap for another year still! Also, never forget the golden rule: you want to trade with Marc Bergevin.

I agree for Mete, Juulsen perhaps, however an almost 30 year old who's in the wheelhouse for a win now team sure.  Unless they take back some $$, no thanks.

“It’s hot,” replied NHL Insider Elliotte Friedman during a Tuesday afternoon radio hit on Vancouver’s Sportsnet 650. “It’s not global warming hot, it’s center of the earth hot. Like, it’s hot there. And they’re looking to do things. They’re trying to get some offense in there, there’s no question about that.

“I think they’ve had some interest in Evander Kane. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were interested in Pacioretty. They’re looking. I think if they could, they’d add a winger and a center. I wouldn’t be surprised if they could do both.

“Jim Rutherford, we’ve talked about he’s a guy who likes to move early, but I think he realizes he’s just at a point now – I think that’s the toughest division in hockey. There’s going to be three teams there that could make the playoffs just about anywhere else who are going to miss it. I just think that they’re running out of time. They’ve got to do something, and they know."

https://www.fanragsports.com/friedman-and-dreger-penguins-have-appetite-for-change/

With Sprong playing on Crosby’s Wing not sure what else besides picks they can offer

That's the issue. There just isn't anyone not named Sprong that really makes me want to trade with Pittsburgh.

There is little doubt JR must act, or risk losing a competitive run.

A center and a winger? For scoring?

Kane (50% retained)

Girgs or Larsson

Pouliet

Baptiste

Sprong the 1st, Hagelin (cap dump) and Cole.

1) How about Lehner and one of Baptiste/Fasching/Bailey to NYI for Bellows and Halak?

2) Reinhart to Calg for Adam Fox, Bennett and either a close prospect or a 1st rd pick.

Calgary isn't going to give up that much for Reinhart.

It's gonna be the Sharks if it happens at all. Which is what I keep saying.

I mean, it's definitely going to happen

Per Craig Custance

Buffalo Sabres – Teams are calling the Sabres about Evander Kane. The Sharks have the cap space to add someone like Kane. Teams are also calling the Sabres about Benoit Pouliot, Johan Larsson and Jacob Josefson

Per Craig Custance

Buffalo Sabres – Teams are calling the Sabres about Evander Kane. The Sharks have the cap space to add someone like Kane. Teams are also calling the Sabres about Benoit Pouliot, Johan Larsson and Jacob Josefson

Not that I'm excited about losing more depth on a already garbage depth team, but it's not like they're valuable at all

I mean, it's definitely going to happen

Not that I'm excited about losing more depth on a already garbage depth team, but it's not like they're valuable at all

What could Josefson or Larsson get them anyway? I like Johan more than most but what's his value, a 4th round pick? Why bother at that point.

Hopefully a similar line player that some other team doesn't value. One with speed

I think that may be Botterill's thinking as well. Not necessarily talent upgrades, but play style, for the quicker game he wants to play. The Reinharts and Larssons and Moulsons on notice.