DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

I guarantee whoever acquires Reinhart will be of the opinion the Sabres have mishandled him.

Given the role we’ve asked Reinhart to fill and the general lack of speed on the team, we should have picked Sam Bennett.

Given the way Bennett has played for Calgary, that door is likely open.

For what it’s worth Reinhart was one of our better players against the Jets.

And overall he’s been relatively decent the past month or so on the eye test.

But he hasn’t produced, and if he doesn’t produce, he’s not much use.

I will never accept that the best use of Reinhart is asking him to be Dave Andreychuk.

Bob McKenzie says teams are calling on Sam Reinhart #Sabres 

Re-iterated that Eichel is the only untouchable with asterisks next to ROR and Ristolainen, an offer for either would need to blow them out of the water. Team's are calling on Reinhart recognizing the Sabres want to make changes #Sabres 

Interesting.  So the Sabres still see ROR as part of the core, and other teams are interested in Reino.

I would need a first this year to move Reinhart or an A prospect. Way too much potential there still. 

It's possible that they'd get that much, but I'm skeptical.  Is a contender looking to add a weapon for a playoff run going to see one in Reino?

I’d trade Reinhart if the value is that of a 45-point recent top-5 pick with upside.

If the return is equivalent to a 25-point scorer, then why make the trade?

Selling low is a bad idea.

In the abstract this is logical, unless they've decided that Reino's attitude is part of the problem.

NHL teams continue to do their trade barter dance with each other, and with weeks to go until the February 26 deadline it’s simply a matter of time until the market heats up.

“I think honestly it’s starting to pick up a bit,” said hockey Insider Elliotte Friedman during a Wednesday morning appearance on Calgary’s Sportsnet 960. “You know, it’s interesting. Pierre Dorion told some reporters last week that he has a prospect deal for Hoffman and he’s looking to see if he can get something else.

“I think teams are starting to figure out – I think the team to really watch is St. Louis. They’re really starting to battle it. They had a really rough night last night with Florida. That division, the Central – we talk about the Metro as being the toughest division, and I do think it is – but the Central is starting to get there. Chicago was in last place in the division yesterday, and this morning we wake up and they’re right at a playoff spot because they killed Ottawa.

“I do think St. Louis is going to start – I could see them striking. I could see Pittsburgh striking. I think there’s a will. I just think that some of these teams that are out are trying to create a market. Buffalo is trying to create a market for Kane. Ottawa is trying to create a bigger market for Hoffman. Montreal with Pacioretty, I think what Bergevin is saying is, ‘We’re not out of it yet, so I’m not giving up.’ But he’s still trying to create.

“I think we’re getting there. I think we’re getting closer. I think the biggest problem a team like Calgary has and Treliving has is you want to make a deal where you don’t rob yourself. Like what happens if you trade say a defenseman for a winger, and he doesn’t think his defense is as good. I think that’s his biggest problem."

https://www.fanragsports.com/friedman-nhl-trade-market-starting-to-pick-up/

I’d trade Reinhart if the value is that of a 45-point recent top-5 pick with upside.

I guarantee whoever acquires Reinhart will be of the opinion the Sabres have mishandled him.

Given the role we’ve asked Reinhart to fill and the general lack of speed on the team, we should have picked Sam Bennett.

Given the way Bennett has played for Calgary, that door is likely open.

Completely agreed.

And I happen to think there are teams that would view Reinhart this way, and am therefore all aboard the trade train.

The fact that most want to trade the guy if he’s viewed as what we’ve seen from him in the past, says a lot.

I don’t want to trade him.

It’s just that team is so bad, I’ll entertaining trading anyone, even Jack.

Chemistry, confidence, caring - I am not sure what the problem is, but the problem with this team runs deeper than lack of talent.

I don’t want to trade him.

It’s just that team is so bad, I’ll entertaining trading anyone, even Jack.

Chemistry, confidence, caring - I am not sure what the problem is, but the problem with this team runs deeper than lack of talent.

Fair enough. I was just going off the bit where you said you’d trade him given said circumstances. :p

Fair enough. I was just going off the bit where you said you’d trade him given said circumstances. :p

There’s no doubt there is rot that needs to be removed.

If Botterill determines Sam is part of that, then by all means trade him.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Jack Johnson has requested a trade from Columbus

Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson has reportedly asked the organization for a trade, according to Aaron Portzline of The Athletic. Johnson is reportedly seeking the deal due to “a diminished role this season and a desire to better position himself for free agency in the summer.”

Entering play on Friday, Johnson is on pace for a career-low 19:25 of ice time per night, the first time in his career he would average less than 20 minutes per game. Through his first 45 games, he had accrued just two goals and five assists, with the Blue Jackets posting a minus-6 rating with him on the ice.

https://www.fanragsports.com/report-jack-johnson-requests-trade-from-blue-jackets/

I hope they find a way to trade Larsson and Girgensons.    That would leave them with only 4 forwards under contract for next season.... 5 counting Rodrigues, who I think belongs in Rochester.

If you want some extra 3rd or 4th round picks then you can absolutely trade them. 

Done.  I want them gone.  Time for something new.

Yeah.  I'd stay as far away from that as possible.  He's on a winning team and not getting his 20 minutes a night.  He wants a trade to set himself up for free agency?  He's all about himself and not at all about the team.  Where does he think he's going to end up with that trade?  What top team is going to trade for him for a playoff run and put him in their top pairings?  Can't be that many...

So, most likely he'd end up on a non-playoff team and get his ice time and then he's going to hope that someone signs him to a bigger deal? 

He should just put a big red flag on his player profile picture.

The only way to do a Reinhart trade that makes sense to me is if we trade him to a contender for a really strong prospect that was drafted in 2016 or 2017.  That way they get something to help them in their run this year and in the future, and we get something to build around starting next season that could potentially make us better in the long run.  Like Reinhart to the Kings for Kale Clague and a pick.  Something like that.  

saw this trade on mapleleafs.com. its seems the mapleleafs didnt want to give up this much

lehner, johnson, and bogosion for a 6.43 canadian dollar gift card to tim hortons and a greyhound bus ticket for each of the 3 guys. 

saw this trade on mapleleafs.com. its seems the mapleleafs didnt want to give up this much

lehner, johnson, and bogosion for a 6.43 canadian dollar gift card to tim hortons and a greyhound bus ticket for each of the 3 guys.

Fingers crossed.