DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Bots seems smarter then our past gm.

I think you’re right. I hope you’re right. I trust you’re right.

I’d say it this way. He seems more careful. He seems more patient. We’ll see if he’s smarter.

JBot’s a cruise ship in a harbor full of speed boats. GMTM was a speed boat, and I enjoyed the thrill for quite some time.

I think you’re right. I hope you’re right. I trust you’re right.

I’d say it this way. He seems more careful. He seems more patient. We’ll see if he’s smarter.

JBot’s a cruise ship in a harbor full of speed boats. GMTM was a speed boat, and I enjoyed the thrill for quite some time.

and Jerry was a race car driver.

Still think Reinhart for Hannifin makes sense.

Both are struggling, both don't have room for them on the roster.     Samson is a bottom 6 player and Hannifin is a bottom pair D at the moment.

They would both fill out needs the other team has.

Hanifin is not getting traded. Carolina is quite happy with his development.

Yup. If we could make that trade I'd do it in a heartbeat 

He still is on their bottom pairing though, but he is racking up points, I call it trade bait.

I know someone with inside info on the Canes. Right now there is NFW he's moved

Kypreos and Friedman talking about how the Senators might be open to trading Karlsson. Kypreos says Melnyk was upset Karlsson said he won't take a discount.

Edited by det har elektrolyter

EIchel for Karlsson, based upon the assumption that the Sabres can lock up Karlsson. Do you do it?

Yes. There aren't too many players I'd trade Eichel for, but the best defenseman in the league is one of them.

Of course, if Melnyk won't pay Karlsson $11 million, I doubt he's willing to pick up Eichel's contract.

Yes. There aren't too many players I'd trade Eichel for, but the best defenseman in the league is one of them.

Of course, if Melnyk won't pay Karlsson $11 million, I doubt he's willing to pick up Eichel's contract.

You're trading 6 years if a top centers prime. That trade straight up is terrible 

For the Bobby Orr of our generation.

See We've, I'm not *that* infatuated with Eichel :P

We've seen what Karlsson can do in his prime as far as carrying a team goes, and it's not enough. We haven't seen that from Jack yet, and I think it can be enough

For the Bobby Orr of our generation.

See We've, I'm not *that* infatuated with Eichel :P

I'd make that move too. 

Karlsson is at 27 yrs of age.  Usually that should bring some trepidation.  But Karlsson has the skating skills that keep a guy on an elite level for a much longer time.  Think Housley, Teppo, Chelios, Lidstrom, Bourque, Coffey.

Barring injury, Karlsson is going to be a force approaching 40. 

Swap Eichel for Karlsson, add Tavares.  Instant upgrade.  No more complaints of the team sulking.