DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

More from Dreger

Teams are calling Buffalo, inquiring on Chad Johnson and Robin Lehner. Just checking on availability.

One of those moments where being known to have a crappy defense and a problem with team chemistry can make people believe that a goaltender is better than they currently appear?

I'll take it.  I think Lehner is the first to move.  He could be some of the negative energy.  He's been that way in the past right?  I'd hope he'd get more than Johnson.

One of those moments where being known to have a crappy defense and a problem with team chemistry can make people believe that a goaltender is better than they currently appear?

I'll take it.  I think Lehner is the first to move.  He could be some of the negative energy.  He's been that way in the past right?  I'd hope he'd get more than Johnson.

There are certainly GMs that believe some players can be reclaimed even if everyone else thinks they're not NHL players. There are also GMs that believe they know exactly who those players are. Finally, there are GMs that are completely wrong in those beliefs. :) It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are GMs that think RL and CJ's troubles this year are on the team and not them. I don't know enough to say, but I could see Lehner going somewhere if the return is right. He hasn't impressed me, but I don't know how to factor out the D's play.

Edited by MattPie

There are certainly GMs that believe some players can be reclaimed even if everyone else thinks they're not NHL players. There are also GMs that believe they know exactly who those players are. Finally, there are GMs that are completely wrong in those beliefs. :) It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are GMs that think RL and CJ's troubles this year are on the team and not them. I don't know enough to say, but I could see Lehner going somewhere if the return is right. He hasn't impressed me, but I don't know how to factor out the D's play.

He's on a 1 year deal (RFA after I believe) so not a tremendous commitment needs to be made from the buyer.

He's on a 1 year deal (RFA after I believe) so not a tremendous commitment needs to be made from the buyer.

True, I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking more about the asset a GM would have to give up to get either (realistically, a non-1st round pick and/or mid-level prospect at best).

I literally don't care who they trade at this point. And that includes Eichel.

This team is so bad -- the aftertaste of the tank now so bitter -- that I am more than ready for a nuclear re-set.

After the report on Twitter of him generally acting like a baby in practice today, I'm kinda there too?

If Jack doesn't want to be a leader, then...

After the report on Twitter of him generally acting like a baby in practice today, I'm kinda there too?

I want that gruff veteran who's seen some things and knows what hard work and victory feels like to come in and take Jacky boy by his hand and smack some sense into him. If that doesn't work then I'm on the same page as the rest of you. 

I get being bummed about your bro leaving but... time to break up the cozy family "it's ok bro, we all suck hurr hurr" petulant mentality. Smacking your sticks around and cussing is just theatrics. This is a business. Put up or shut up. 

The what's it?

I want that gruff veteran who's seen some things and knows what hard work and victory feels like to come in and take Jacky boy by his hand and smack some sense into him. If that doesn't work then I'm on the same page as the rest of you. 

I get being bummed about your bro leaving but... time to break up the cozy family "it's ok bro, we all suck hurr hurr" petulant mentality. Smacking your sticks around and cussing is just theatrics. This is a business. Put up or shut up. 

Remember his super dramatic packing up routine that he did last year, and Paul Hamilton inferred he sorta staged it for the benefit of the media? (And I lambasted Hamilton for inferring as much.)

Eichel is fun, funny, and super talented. But he may need to grow the eff up.

The what's it?

Remember his super dramatic packing up routine that he did last year, and Paul Hamilton inferred he sorta staged it for the benefit of the media? (And I lambasted Hamilton for inferring as much.)

Eichel is fun, funny, and super talented. But he may need to grow the eff up.

May?