DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Once the purge I'm sure is coming is over, it will.

Hint: his name is Kyle...

The team’s captain is going to be a player who, despite dogged effort, is constantly behind the play, snake bitten with finishing, and, most likely, chronically overpaid?

Sounds about right for Tank 2: Sneak Attack.

The team’s captain is going to be a player who, despite dogged effort, is constantly behind the play, snake bitten with finishing, and, most likely, chronically overpaid?

Sounds about right for Tank 2: Sneak Attack.

Yep

Interesting.  Neuvirth is on IR.  Would the Sabres get Elliott and then put the Elliott/Johnson duo back in action (from Calgary last year).  I think they were both there right?

I could see that. Neuvirth wont be on IR long and Elliott hasn't really been getting it done for the Flyers. Philly doesn't have the cap space for Lehner though, so we'd have to be getting something else from them as well. 

I think if we're doing this it's because we aren't interested in signing Lehner at the end of the season. Elliott has another year left on his deal and if the combo here is Johnson/Elliott next year then that opens things up for Ullmark to compete for the starting job. 

I could see that. Neuvirth wont be on IR long and Elliott hasn't really been getting it done for the Flyers. Philly doesn't have the cap space for Lehner though, so we'd have to be getting something else from them as well. 

I think if we're doing this it's because we aren't interested in signing Lehner at the end of the season. Elliott has another year left on his deal and if the combo here is Johnson/Elliott next year then that opens things up for Ullmark to compete for the starting job. 

I'd be even happier if they got back Neuvirth honestly.  I'm not an Elliott fan.  Sabres could eat salary on Lehner to move him.  I don't think they are interested in him.  I think their plan is Ullmark but they don't want him up here until next year so he can backstop the Amerks playoff run.

Elliott and Neuvirth are 2.75 and 2.5M.  It frees up some space.  There's probably enough to squeeze.  Perhaps it's Lehner and a pick for a returning goaltender and a D prospect?

I'd be even happier if they got back Neuvirth honestly.  I'm not an Elliott fan.  Sabres could eat salary on Lehner to move him.  I don't think they are interested in him.  I think their plan is Ullmark but they don't want him up here until next year so he can backstop the Amerks playoff run.

Elliott and Neuvirth are 2.75 and 2.5M.  It frees up some space.  There's probably enough to squeeze.  Perhaps it's Lehner and a pick for a returning goaltender and a D prospect?

I'd rather have Neuvirth too, but it's a tough sell given that we'd immediately have to call Ullmark up for a few weeks. I don't want to mess with the Amerks at all, so Elliott it is. 

I think this move would mean Ullmark is in the plans for next year. No reason to lock Lehner down then, so might as well move him. 

https://twitter.com/TSNSimmer/status/938471877026119680

mPZDWgSg_bigger.jpgShawn Simpson @TSNSimmer
FollowFollow @TSNSimmer
More

Watch for Lehner to Flyers! #Hextall

Is this guy in any way reliable? I'd love to see Lehner off the team.The more I've thought about it the more I liken Lehner to Tyrod. They're both passionate players with an average skill-set but they're never going to step up and single handily win you a game, which is what you need from those positions sometimes (esp. if you have aspirations of playoffs and beyond).

Is this guy in any way reliable? I'd love to see Lehner off the team.The more I've thought about it the more I liken Lehner to Tyrod. They're both passionate players with an average skill-set but they're never going to step up and single handily win you a game, which is what you need from those positions sometimes (esp. if you have aspirations of playoffs and beyond).

He's legit, but who knows. You know how rumors are.