Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Funny thing about the NHL is how fast things can turn around - look at all the Canadian teams that missed the play-offs, plus Columbus a year ago.

I agree 100% and I do think this team is not that far away...they certainly proved when they are on they can play with anybody...the whole league is so close now that who knows from day to day as we are seeing right now in the playoffs

... What the ###### happened in that front office

Someone let an egg fart go and wouldn't take credit/blame. Kim was there and when no one copped to it, she made Terry clean house. Literally.

Could the quick firing of other key guys, who you would think would be needed in an interim period, indicate that a new team is ready to go?

What's he done wrong? Really, I'd like to know. I am all for roasting people who are screwing with my team. I honestly don't have any goods on PRB.

For starters on the Bills side: moving training camp to Ra-cha-cha (haven't made the playoffs since that happened), the TO series (only 1 win in all those games & that 1 was the one Fitzy broke his ribs, so even when they won, they lost), his time as GM, & the Rex Ryan hire. He's been entirely about marketing & $'s regardless to whether they mess up the product on the field.

The guy appears to be a very good marketer. Haven't seen any reason to believe he knows #### about putting a good product on the field or the ice. And several reasons to believe he doesn't.

Toronto writer on Edmonton writer said that it all came down to ping pong balls. "if Sabres get McDavid we are talking about them (Sabres) in the playoffs and we are talking to you in Edmonton about what went wrong".

God, I want Jack to come back next year and just tear up the league and I believe that he will.

Someone let an egg fart go and wouldn't take credit/blame. Kim was there and when no one copped to it, she made Terry clean house. Literally.

Could the quick firing of other key guys, who you would think would be needed in an interim period, indicate that a new team is ready to go?

I almost typed this in my other post, but I feel like we'd have heard something about the Sabres talking to people outside the org weeks ago if that were the case. 

Toronto writer on Edmonton writer said that it all came down to ping pong balls. "if Sabres get McDavid we are talking about them (Sabres) in the playoffs and we are talking to you in Edmonton about what went wrong".

God, I want Jack to come back next year and just tear up the league and I believe that he will.

He's not wrong, but McDavid would just be masking the problems of a GM and HC like he's currently doing in Edmonton. Though I do like Macllelan

Jack's gonna take the league to town next season.

He averaged .93 for the season.  He just needs to stay healthy.  The problem is as it has been.  DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.  And getting rid of a glut of dead weight.  

I think Murray is a good talent evaluator, but doesn't necessarily know anything about coaching, or how to work with a coach. Normally I'd say he should get more time, but if he really is just a scout in over his head (as everything recently seems to imply) then getting rid of him is a good move.

Good talent evaluator, bad team builder? Could be, there's some evidence for it...but not enough for a slam dunk case.

Yeah - no thanks.

Maybe another time - after I've had a few pops.

I'm fully anonymous here, but they are not the sorts of stories I would generally repeat.

Btw, they're not totally aberrant either. They just indicate that he's a total, complete Delta Bravo.

A fan of Brandon, then?

Good luck to you, sir.

A fan of facts, not hear say or speculation passed off as facts.  Not singling you out, many here say the same thing and their response is sidestep the original request for facts on their views.  If I seen the facts presented I might tend to agree, I don't know since I haven't seen anything other than speculation

Considering they're the ones doing the hiring, they deserve a little criticism

They've hired 3 coaches (4 with McDermott who hasn't coached a game yet).  That's hardly enough to say - can't start over every 2 years.

I almost typed this in my other post, but I feel like we'd have heard something about the Sabres talking to people outside the org weeks ago if that were the case. 

Well, we do rely on the national media to break any significant news on the Sabres. Maybe they've been busy with other stuff. LaFontaine was a total surprise. Terry can be stealthy in those sneakers of his.

For starters on the Bills side: moving training camp to Ra-cha-cha (haven't made the playoffs since that happened), the TO series (only 1 win in all those games & that 1 was the one Fitzy broke his ribs, so even when they won, they lost), his time as GM, & the Rex Ryan hire. He's been entirely about marketing & $'s regardless to whether they mess up the product on the field.

The guy appears to be a very good marketer. Haven't seen any reason to believe he knows #### about putting a good product on the field or the ice. And several reasons to believe he doesn't.

Again, my team=Sabres.

As for canning the heads of scouting: I'd guess that the new GM will want to put his own guys in those spots, and this was just clearing the decks for him to do so.

It does lend credence to the notion that TP already has something cooking.

Kevin Devine and Jerry Forton are still there as well

Best chance of success: Brandon hires a hockey president or Terry hires a president?

My team=Sabres. What, specifically, has he done wrong as president of the Sabres? Relating to team performance. The various PR, fan relation, arena atmosphere issues are well-known.

Well, I'm hearing that he was in the Pegulas' ears to s-can GM TM. I'm reading screen caps of texts from a team source who said Brandon was envious of the public popularity that GM TM enjoyed for his quirky style.

He's a bad guy who continues to exert his influence where it has no place.

I could get behind this if I knew that, at the very least, Pegula has some decent hockey people advising him.

BTW, no Kim tomorrow? If not, why not?

Is she not a co-owner of the Sabres? She might not be, strictly speaking.

... What the ###### happened in that front office

Those are GM TM's guys, I reckon.

A fan of facts, not hear say or speculation passed off as facts.  Not singling you out, many here say the same thing and their response is sidestep the original request for facts on their views.  If I seen the facts presented I might tend to agree, I don't know since I haven't seen anything other than speculation

A fan of facts on a message board, then? Haha - yeah, definitely good luck to you, then.

Fwiw, I've met Brandon twice. Not like a one-on-one sit-down, but peripheral interaction. The more extensive of the 2 meetings was at a 10-person (round) table under a tent at St. John Fisher. My own personal opinion (not a fact!), based on a mostly visceral reaction: He's not a good guy. Is most likely a bad guy. He's not a guy I want involved in managing my favourite teams, 

Dear Lord.

Dude.

Nice echo.

His various misdeeds and oily sycophantic ways are too many, too pervasive to detail.

Also, if you've spent some time in any number of southtown watering holes, you'd hear very credible stories about that guy to make your skin crawl. He is a feckin' nozzle.

One quick item I have in mind: There were confirmed reports that he coached up Rex Ryan before his interview so as to school him in the ways of shmoozing TPegs. If that ain't making sure your bread is buttered on every which side -- costs to the franchise be damned -- I don't know what is.

Everyone knows Brandon sucks but no one can say why, other than to blame him for moving camp to SJF or the Toronto Series...you know, making money for the team. a.k.a. his job. <_<.  I'm all ears if anyone wants to PM me and set me straight.  All I know is I've read post after post of frustrated fans looking for a scapegoat. If it's not Brandon, it's Overdorf, or Berchtod, or the midget trainer, or the guy who drives the team bus.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.