Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

What if Brandon can be an unlikely hero here? There's really no one else left to speak truth to power, and Russ might just have the cred to do it. To tell the Pegulas they have to relinquish any notion of controlling the hiring process. "You guys chill out. I've got this. I'll find a good hockey president and he'll fill out his organization." Maybe, just maybe, we'd be off and running, even if Russ' motivation is more concern about the bottom line if the team keeps stanking. Could be win-win.

Dear Lord.

Dude.

What's he done wrong? Really, I'd like to know. I am all for roasting people who are screwing with my team. I honestly don't have any goods on PRB.

Nice echo.

His various misdeeds and oily sycophantic ways are too many, too pervasive to detail.

Also, if you've spent some time in any number of southtown watering holes, you'd hear very credible stories about that guy to make your skin crawl. He is a feckin' nozzle.

One quick item I have in mind: There were confirmed reports that he coached up Rex Ryan before his interview so as to school him in the ways of shmoozing TPegs. If that ain't making sure your bread is buttered on every which side -- costs to the franchise be damned -- I don't know what is.

So Murray leaked it?! Ya know, if this off-ice stuff wasn't so entertaining, Sabres hockey would have zero entertainment value.

That's weak. I need more concrete. Like Brandon behind the Cheap Sunglasses.

Well, if you need things to be concrete, you can't really take Friedman's "I wonder if the team felt Murray leaked it" as "Murray leaked it."

Dear Lord.

Dude.

Nice echo.

His various misdeeds and oily sycophantic ways are too many, too pervasive to detail.

Also, if you've spent some time in any number of southtown watering holes, you'd hear very credible stories about that guy to make your skin crawl. He is a feckin' nozzle.

One quick item I have in mind: There were confirmed reports that he coached up Rex Ryan before his interview so as to school him in the ways of shmoozing TPegs. If that ain't making sure your bread is buttered on every which side -- costs to the franchise be damned -- I don't know what is.

Go on...

I second the request for details concerning Brandon rumors

A lot of people on hf are concerned for the expansion draft. Is it really going to be hard to look at our forwards and say "hmmm, I don't think I should protect D-Lo over Larsson"? How hard could it be? If new GM has trouble with his protection list the team is for reasons other than what happens at the expansion draft

He's also said he believed Murray had a plan on how to improve the team this offseason and wanted to see him follow through.  Will a new GM be willing to trade players like Reinhart or Kane or 1st round pick to acquire a quality Dman, or will they be cautious and delay the rebuild for another year.

Funny thing about the NHL is how fast things can turn around - look at all the Canadian teams that missed the play-offs, plus Columbus a year ago.

Dear Lord.

Dude.

Nice echo.

Too many to detail sounds like "I don't know."

Credible stories heard in a bars?

Reset,,,,try again

Go on...

Yeah - no thanks.

Maybe another time - after I've had a few pops.

I'm fully anonymous here, but they are not the sorts of stories I would generally repeat.

Btw, they're not totally aberrant either. They just indicate that he's a total, complete Delta Bravo.

Too many to detail sounds like "I don't know."

Credible stories heard in a bars?

Reset,,,,try again

A fan of Brandon, then?

Good luck to you, sir.

What if Brandon can be an unlikely hero here? There's really no one else left to speak truth to power, and Russ might just have the cred to do it. To tell the Pegulas they have to relinquish any notion of controlling the hiring process. "You guys chill out. I've got this. I'll find a good hockey president and he'll fill out his organization." Maybe, just maybe, we'd be off and running, even if Russ' motivation is more concern about the bottom line if the team keeps stanking. Could be win-win.

Celebrating the holiday, I see. :lol:

A lot of people on hf are concerned for the expansion draft. Is it really going to be hard to look at our forwards and say "hmmm, I don't think I should protect D-Lo over Larsson"? How hard could it be? If new GM has trouble with his protection list the team is ###### for reasons other than what happens at the expansion draft

The big concern is Murray's Deal with McPhee is history now. Former GMTM was effusive with his praise of Ullmark leading one to believe that's who the agreement was for. And with it becoming more and more likely that Petersen will test FA, losing Ullmark will weaken the goalie position. Also what if the deal was to take Moulson or Ennis freeing up cap space and now Ullmark will be his target, we lose a great prospect and do not obtain any cap relief

Dear Lord.

Dude.

Best chance of success: Brandon hires a hockey president or Terry hires a president?

Nice echo.

My team=Sabres. What, specifically, has he done wrong as president of the Sabres? Relating to team performance. The various PR, fan relation, arena atmosphere issues are well-known.

I think this team is in a better spot today than it was yesterday. I think the chances are high that the GM/coach combo we get is better than the one we dumped.

Agreed. We knew what wasn't working, no point in keeping on trying it. 

Losing Murray sucks, but, we lost Byslma

giphy.gif

I think this team is in a better spot today than it was yesterday. I think the chances are high that the GM/coach combo we get is better than the one we dumped.

I could get behind this if I knew that, at the very least, Pegula has some decent hockey people advising him.

BTW, no Kim tomorrow? If not, why not?

Bylsma was never a long term answer for the Sabres.  He was a panic hire.   Babcock turned down Murray.   Losing Bylsma is no big deal.  Murray getting the ax was a surprise.  Now they have to find a new GM and the a coach while getting ready for the expansion draft.  Brace for a hectic month.

I could get behind this if I knew that, at the very least, Pegula has some decent hockey people advising him.

BTW, no Kim tomorrow? If not, why not?

I'm incorporating the chance of hiring a president and/or just lucking out on the picks into that statement - I was really, really, really down on Bylsma and really really down on Murray too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.