GDT: Flyers at Sabres 7:30 PM 3-7-17 on NBCSN

spndnchz

Um....

Here's what you need to know.

With a win tonight, the Sabres will have won the season series between the teams for the second consecutive year. A win would also give the Sabres wins in three consecutive home games against the Flyers for the first time since Oct. 17, 2006 to Dec. 21, 2007.

Eichel enters tonight's game on a career-best 10-game point streak (3+10). It's the longest active streak in the NHL and the longest by a Sabre since Tim Connolly tallied points in 16 straight from Dec. 23, 2009 to Jan. 25, 2010.

In the time since his Nov. 29 return from an injury that sidelined him for 21 games, Eichel is tied for 10th among all NHL skaters with 42 points (16+26) and leads the league with 185 shots on goal.

Eichel's .93 points per game this season rank him 14th among all players with at least 20 games played this season.

Kane has 18 points (11+7) in his last 20 games, including nine goals in his last 13.

Risto has a point in 11 of his last 16 games (1+10).

O'Reilly has recorded six points (3+3) during his current four-game point streak.

(That is all from the Game Notes, courtesy of our friends at @SabresPR.)

Nice balance in those lines, considering DLo has to play somewhere.

D pairings..... I which we had more speed on the third pair, but then again hopefully being the third pair, those two won't see too much ice time.

Meh, I am not sure spreading your too weakest physical players, Moulson and Ennis across 2 lines is better than relegating them to the 4th line for reduced minutes.

For shaugts and giggles might actually suggest they try something different for the bottom 2 lines like

Girgensons-Rodrigues-Bailey

Deslauriers-Ennis-Moulson  

I think that 3rd line would have a lot of speed and grit and Ennis did have one of his better seasons back in the day when he was at center for awhile.

Spoiler role is still something fun to do especially if were spoiling Philly's chances.   Lets go Buffalo, 

Is it impossible to think that buffalo can go on a 5-6 game winning streak ?

After reading your post, I just thought about it, so yes that's possible.

It's highly unlikely the Sabres will win 5 or more in a row in the real world however.

If not for your post this thought would not have entered my mind since it seems like they haven't won 5 in a row since Donnie Edwards was in net although it probably hasn't been that long.

Is it impossible to think that buffalo can go on a 5-6 game winning streak ?

Very hard to imagine.  This is crunch time and we've won 1 of our last 7 games.  With three of them coming against 2 of the worst teams in the league. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.