GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo 7:00 Friday 1/20/2017 MSG

Sabel79

#Sabres will examine D Jake McCabe again Saturday but he left rink in sling. I've learned early diagnosis is separated shoulder. Ouch.

From Harrington

Definitely looked that way when he went down the tunnel the 1st time.

Shocked he took a couple more shifts. Was definitely shying from contact after he hurt it.

Major hit to the unit least able to absorb another one.

Fully expecting Risto & Bogo to get 30+ tomorrow.

FACK YES! such a GREAT WIN, it feels damn good.

Had to record this overtime live because i just felt we gonna get this game and we did, whoohoo!

So here it is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WvzcY-m2yM

I just watched this video in the break room at work with my phone on full volume. 15 people are looking at me like I'm a psycho right now.

Woooooo!

Bylsma in the post game presser was sorta lulzy about Risto's ice time. Said he played the entire OT?

Dan has to feel the heat to win, and win now. With the coaching strategy to *hope for the best* on the second game of back to backs.

Your first pair D is now down no nothing.

Your first pair F are on wobbly legs.

Tonight should be interesting eye test of Dan's coaching abilities to have a team ready for back to backs. 

The attitude that ROR displayed on his game tying goal is enough for me.  Regardless of the coach these players are going to do what it takes to win and ROR is leading the way.  That was as pure a "Hold my beer, I got this." moment as you can get in hockey.

I loved it.

Turrible officiating not calling Zetterberg for holding ROR's hands there in OT, but the Sabres made it out alive.

The only thing I am concerned about with this team right now is their defensive zone coverage and breakout ability.  They are too slow in both.  

Risto is developing a nasty streak that I love.  He was all over Zetterberg last night.

I love how the game changed when our bench was shortened and they decided to skate.

… but it's not about the roster…

Yep, when they buckled down and just tried harder and played their best players unsustainable minutes they managed to barely get away with an overtime win against a fellow basement team.

All hail coach!

This just breaking in... I am being told that I am hearing that those two are definitely not Chet and Muffy, but it has been confirmed that they are indeed Chet and Muffy's kids. All we need now are names for them.

The girl kind of reminds me of Ruby Sue from Christmas Vacation, Cousin Eddie's spawn.  I'd go with Rocky and Ruby Sue.

Edited by We've

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.