GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo 7:00 Friday 1/20/2017 MSG

Sabel79

I suppose I might as well. 

The Red Wings come to town on the heels of an impressive comeback over Boston the other night.  That Vanek kid looked impressive, somebody should keep an eye on him. 

The Sabres are just on their heels, DFL in the Eastern Conference thanks to the Islanders pulling their collective metaphorical finger out and somehow winning a game the other night.  Hey, if they can do it...

And I'm spent.  Discuss.

Well lets hope they bounce back after that last game. My hopes of a playoff spot (which were already pretty low) might be gone completely now, but maybe they'll make it interesting down the stretch. We've seen them play good, complete games this season, just not consistency, and often not when it counts the most. I'm hoping they at least make progress at consistency for the rest of the season.

It looks like Ennis is back tonight, and may play tomorrow, but apparently they are taking it slow.

Nilsson may be out with an illness so Ullmark has been called up.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

I wish they would swap 82 with 48.

Foligno has had a good season imho. He works hard and I think he deserves to be on the second line right now. In the long run though I don't want to see Foligno and probably not Carrier there either. At least once Nylander is ready. Both are probably bottom 6 guys on a good team.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

I guess it's a good thing I am still getting over this freakin cold... otherwise I am not sure a Friday evening out would not win over watching the Sabres game.  (Can't always guarantee there is a TV where I'll be).

Looks like I'll be watching.  At least for a little bit.

Foligno has had a good season imho. He works hard and I think he deserves to be on the second line right now. In the long run though I don't want to see Foligno and probably not Carrier there either. At least once Nylander is ready. Both are probably bottom 6 guys on a good team.

And I hope we keep them both going forward, when the Sabres are that good.  They're okay as placeholders on the top 6 but I don't think anyone sees either one of those guys as top 6 down the road.

I think we'll see a nice game from the Girgensons line, they have a good matchup.

Interesting that Larkin is on the third line.  Last year he was the wunderkind, but Mantha is establishing himself on the top line.  I think they have a similar skillset, and Larkin is probably more talented, but Mantha is just a little more NHL savvy at this point in their careers.  That said, Kane had better make sure he's aware of Larkin defensively because that kid's got some wheels.

Interesting that Larkin is on the third line.  Last year he was the wunderkind, but Mantha is establishing himself on the top line.  I think they have a similar skillset, and Larkin is probably more talented, but Mantha is just a little more NHL savvy at this point in their careers.  That said, Kane had better make sure he's aware of Larkin defensively because that kid's got some wheels.

What's amazing is that people are still being drawn in by Larkin's hot start last year. Gets into the all star game, finishes right around Reinhart's production, pacing for 32 points this year, and yet still being picked by analysts 2nd or 3rd overall in 2014 redrafts. He's been a ~30 point player over his last 80something games.

What's amazing is that people are still being drawn in by Larkin's hot start last year. Gets into the all star game, finishes right around Reinhart's production, pacing for 32 points this year, and yet still being picked by analysts 2nd or 3rd overall in 2014 redrafts. He's been a ~30 point player over his last 80something games.

That's because Sam Reinhart will fine. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.