GDT: BUFFALO AT BOSTON 1PM NEW YEARS EVE

ubkev

While last game certainly could have been seen as a "must win", this one seems to be even more so. If they win in regulation, it's 6 points back still, but 3 games in hand. Same as before the Boston games. A loss here and it's double digits, before New Year's Day.

Gotta win. Play like your season is on the line.

It's all day hockey here.

1pm Sabres... 3:30 USA vs. Canada

Man... at least one of those games has to go the way I want it to right?

Meanwhile I'll be cooking and prepping for visitors tonight.

The good news for me regarding the last game is that I was pretty sober when the Sabres scored their goals and by the time Boston was tying it up and winning my focus level was not the same...

Hoping for a win!

Apparently DB is intent on cooling down Baileys torrid scoring pace in the A by slotting him in on the 4th line where he will have to earn his time. Thats the reward for working your asss off in Rochester ? Playing alongside Grant and D-LO ? DB is thinking outside the box on this one.

Apparently DB is intent on cooling down Baileys torrid scoring pace in the A by slotting him in on the 4th line where he will have to earn his time. Thats the reward for working your asss off in Rochester ? Playing alongside Grant and D-LO ? DB is thinking outside the box on this one.

Came here for this.  It's freaking pointless to have Bailey with those guys.  Stick Girgensons with them.

So tired of DB and this kind of stuff. Let the kid play quality minutes with quality linemates.

Came here for this.  It's freaking pointless to have Bailey with those guys.  Stick Girgensons with them.

Why?

Is it really that unheard of to give a kid fresh out of the A some sheltered minutes to get used to the NHL game and build some confidence? Am I the only one who thinks giving him top line minutes against top line opposition is really myopic,… and stupid?

And Eleven, with all this Bylsma talk in every thread, I finally understand how you felt about us with all the Lindy talk towards his end. Of course, it took sixteen years for us to get to this level.

Why?

Is it really that unheard of to give a kid fresh out of the A some sheltered minutes to get used to the NHL game and build some confidence? Am I the only one who thinks giving him top line minutes against top line opposition is really myopic,… and stupid?

And Eleven, with all this Bylsma talk in every thread, I finally understand how you felt about us with all the Lindy talk towards his end. Of course, it took sixteen years for us to get to this level.

I haven't been in every thread, so I don't get the last bit, but I trust you.

The point with Bailey isn't "sheltered minutes."  The point is that he can't set up guys who can't receive a pass; he can't do anything offensively with those two on his line.  He doesn't need to be protected, and if he did, Kane or Foligno could do that job just fine.

Why?

I haven't been in every thread, so I don't get the last bit, but I trust you.

The point with Bailey isn't "sheltered minutes."  The point is that he can't set up guys who can't receive a pass; he can't do anything offensively with those two on his line.  He doesn't need to be protected, and if he did, Kane or Foligno could do that job just fine.

and it'd be nice to see him get a sniff not top line but at least top six. Somewhere he could use his speed and skill to maybe have an effect on the outcome of the game rather then playing with hands of stone types that slow the game down just by suiting up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.